TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

How to get rid of paint/metallic sharpie from leather jacket?

Xenaus
Tue, 17/11/2015 - 01:42

My boyfriend just bought me a used leather jacket and it has artwork from the previous owner that I don't want. (the whole back has artwork and the edges of the sleeves are painted)

I'm leaving to the US in about a week so I'd like to have it back to black before I leave.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks as to how to get rid of it? I already tried acetone and it didn't do much of anything.

HELP!

Plague's picture

What about getting it re-airbrushed in all black?

Claudandus's picture

Paint thinner or some other solvent? Might do some serious damage to the leather though. Personally I think your best options is to:
A. Just learn to live with it being painted.
B. re-paint/patch it.
C. Cut your losses and buy a new jacket.

PForx's picture

Paint over it with black. That's what I did with logos I didn't want anymore on my leather jacket.

Kuivausrumpu's picture

Turpentine has always worked for me.

gizter's picture

painting it black agian seems like the best option. used black paint to fix up some of the logos on my jacket and you can't even notice it. even better if you paint new stuff on it agian after doing the black.

Megatron1777's picture
576,976 items in the gallery, 883,644 comments, and 659 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments