TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Has there ever been a band you don't like, but everyone else does?

Thrashattck94
Thu, 07/01/2016 - 12:30

I'll start it off.

Overkill. I can never like them for Blobby Blitz's voice, un-hooky riffs, and the fact that their thrash sound is kinda meh.

Mastodon. I used to like them, and I was waiting for their album The Hunter to come out and when it did, I found the music really slow paced and un-anticipating. I only found one song on that album that I can fully remember decently. But besides that one song, the rest of the album turned me off the band for good.

Sunn O))). I'm not really fussed if you like this strange band, good on you. But when I tried to listen to them, it quite frankly sounded like a never ending lighthouse fog horn.

VoodooChild's picture

Tankard
the devils blood
gg allin ~

Edit in 2021:
Damned old comment. I started to love all 3. Especially GG Allin

joecubbie's picture

I agree on The Devils Blood

Jaybe666's picture

I also agree on The Devils Blood, also Blues Pills

H_Entfremdung's picture

Well, I don't get the TDB-hype myself, I believe the occult factor inspired more (mostly black metal) people to like them than the actual music. I, however do like some of their stuff (1st album and some of their ep's) since it reminds me a little of Coven, Black Sabbath, etc.

VoodooChild's picture

And today i started to like GG Allin, been listning all day fsr XD

Thane's picture

Tankard are nothing special, for sure. I love them though, especially for getting fucked up and having a good time

BroccoliBadass's picture

Lmao I feel it's the opposite for GG Allin, I can see how you'd feel that way too though

wolfskrieger's picture

Numetal bands and core bands and dsbm

Thrashattck94's picture

Same here. Straight edge and slam core can go suck a fat one.

Ice Grave's picture

No Tolerance and Boston Strangler are two good straight edge hardcore bands. Not like the typical corny hardcore stuff you are probably thinking of. More like Minor Threat with a lot more bite and a new coat of paint

werewolfhumanmisanthropiclykanthrop's picture

dsbm really?

madbutcher's picture

Pantera
black label sosiety
queensryche
Dark Tranquillity
Def Leppard
The Exploited
and many more

Nater90's picture

Def Leppard are good at seeing the writing on the wall, They couldn't get success in the UK so went to the USA, People hate on that, I think it's actually a smart move, Not enough bands take a risk now and then.

Nater90's picture

Thank you.

I've got a couple of Iron Maiden documentaries and they also touch base on NWOBHM saying what bands made it, what bands didn't, what other bands did.

If you like I can message you the names of them.

joecubbie's picture

Definitely BLS and Dark Tranquillity! Queensryche and Pantera are two of my all time faves. The Exploited are one of my fave punk bands. Def Leppard still has a place in my heart lol. 11 year old me was obsessed with them.

oldmate's picture

Wow... Pantera.. I have never heard anyone say that before. the rest of the bands I also am not really into

MonoWhisper763's picture

Cannibal Corpse. I'm starting to look back at their discography, so I'll give them a second chance..
Other bands: pantera, symphony X, the clash

joecubbie's picture

+1 on Symphony X and The Clash

Turkey-man's picture

Please don't hit me hard, I can fight back: Assassin, Children Of Bodom, Dark Angel, Destruction, Dismember, Iron Maiden, Morbid Angel (too damn boring but the 1st album is fine), Pantera, Pestilence, Powerwolf (cacophony), Razor, Tankard.

And here are some bands I'd like to mention separately.

Bolt Thrower: a disgrace to British Death Metal scene.

Bio-Cancer: disgusting parody for Municipal Waste.

Death: it happened so that all the Death fans I spoke with were stupid tossers bragging about everybody's a sellout and everything new is shit and not TRVE. I like some tunes from "Scream Bloody Gore", I consider "Leprosy" a good album, "Spiritual Healing" completely got rid of that stupid drums that were 60% of the first album, but what followed is even worse than some emocore. I just don't get all the hype.

Equilibrium: the only reason this band is so popular is because it plays like nobody else does, not because they play good music, although the last album was great.

Falkenbach: I was told it's the 2nd Bathory but it ain't, I can hardly remember how they sound like. Maybe I'll try again later.

Motorhead: they could release their primitive stuff every other month as a new album and nobody would complain.

M8L8TH: I bet this band wouldn't have been so popular if it hadn't been NS.

Lost Society: fast and rough. And that's all they've got.

Suffecation: I really tried to wrap my mind over their music, but it just didn't hook me. Yeah, complex stuff, but soulless or something.

Thrashattck94's picture

Saw Bolt Thrower in 2014 at Damnation fest, but Cannibal Corpse just finished before, and I can't really remember much of their show but I remember CC's pretty well. I was going to see Motorhead later this month until Lemmy got killed by Cancer.

Turkey-man's picture

No, I think Cancer, Carcass Napalm Death and Benediction are much better British Death Metal bands.

Thrashattck94's picture

Seen Carcass and Napalm Death. They were good last year - and they're both British death metal bands.

joecubbie's picture

Motorhead and Maiden?! Definitely have to disagree on those. But I could understand the rest. Especially when it comes to Death.

THMManiac's picture

wtf but you have a dark angel patch and a pantera patch? That's kind of ridiculous.

Turkey-man's picture

I don't have them on my vest, I sell patches.

oldmate's picture

I really like Bio-Cancer just started to listen to them last year

MasterDeath's picture

I never heard bigger shit than this, so I checked your page and saw the list of bands that you're into. Completely understandable now.
I agree about children of bodom and few others with ya

cambotero's picture

Metallica

Thrashattck94's picture

Your girlfriend dragged you to see them? You're one lucky mofo.

Turkey-man's picture

Seeing them live and having a girlfriend that dragged you to the concert like this makes you twice as lucky.

cambotero's picture

I was just messing with you guys :3 i saw them live back in 2009 and they were good, have a few albums aswell. just think they should say goodbye or just do full albums tours.

meaningless's picture

i had the same experiance with AC/DC..hahaha.., but when i saw them live..in 1994..damn..., since this gig...im a fan :D
before..i wasnt much into the vocals ;) ..now i love it

joecubbie's picture

Lol definitely after 1990.

satanachist's picture

Enforcer, Skull Fist

joecubbie's picture

Skull Fist is boring but Enforcer is cool.

THMManiac's picture

lol awwe shit my favourite bands. That's too funny.

BeefCakeAssThrash's picture

100% agreed

joecubbie's picture

666% agreed

H_Entfremdung's picture

Agreed. I dislike power metal in general, but Sabaton (or Powerwolf, which is just Sabaton wishing to rip off King Diamond's stage presence) might be the worst band in that branch of metal imho.

quixotic's picture

Unleashed...

joecubbie's picture

+1

DeathInFire's picture

+1 dont get the big deal

Spectrum's picture

Rolling stones,The beatles,Kadavar,Uncle Acid,The devilยดs blood...

Rush Thrash 2112's picture

I just don't get how someone can hate beatles, kadavar or uncle acid.

Thane's picture

Beatles are overrated as fuck, i can dig a few tracks tho

judascrust's picture

Slayer - I'll never understand why people still continue to latch onto these overrated dinosaurs.

Midnight and similar black & roll/metal-punk or whatever kinds of bands... I like the premise but these albums always sound too clean and restrained to me... i'd probably enjoy the music more in a live setting though

Urfaust - I see an urfaust patch on almost every black metal themed vest uploaded on this site... I checked them out and while I can appreciate that they certainly have a unique take on the style, it didn't really hold my interest much.

Danzig - I love the misfits, samhain was great as well.... but as much as I wanted to like his solo stuff, none of it ever impressed me.

Kathulex's picture

Pantera: I like their glam records tho because glam is fun. Power metal is also an enjoyable record. Everything after that is tryhard at best.

Obituary: Don't get the hype about it at all. Tried to like them based on albums like Slowly We Rot and Cause Of Death. Doesn't do anything for me. If anything, I find it quite boring at moments.

Most hipster trendy ''black metal'' like Myrkur and Deafheaven

Mastodon, Opeth, Dream Theater, entry level prog metal in general. Give me avantgarde or give me death.

Scar Symmetry is pure garbage

Popular melodeath in general

Turkey-man's picture

Was there ever a hype about Obituary?

Kathulex's picture

Everybody in Croatia loves it or pretends to love it for street cred. As if they are the only old school DM that exists, along with Death - Scream Bloody Gore up to Spiritual Healing.

R.J.'s picture

Was there ever hype about Obituary?? They were one of the best selling death metal groups of the 90s, up there with Morbid Angel and Cannibal Corpse. The End Complete sold over 100k copies if I remember correctly. Mainstream artists topping the charts today don't even sell that many (of course this is due mostly to the popularity of streaming).

Turkey-man's picture

Ok, I just don't follow sale rates.

holy poison's picture

Urfaust - is there truly more merch than songs?

H_Entfremdung's picture

Yep! Urfaust is almost a clothing line rather than a band. Still like them though, thanks to their odd blend of doom and black.

holy poison's picture

I've never been a fan of their music (well, not music... can't stand the vocals)... Since they recognized that people will spend their last pair of pants for their stuff, it seems, that the flood of merch even increased. And it's not only clothes! The Urfaust wooden weed grinder is sold for ~100โ‚ฌ o.O... nah, really I don't get it.

H_Entfremdung's picture

Yeah, I agree with eschaton.777 on that issue. The hype and the business model got bigger than the actual band, which is quite ridiculous in the end.

About the voice, it's an acquired taste I guess. Love it or hate it, somewhat like Dagon's croaky frog vocals in Inquisition.

holy poison's picture

Music (and especially this topic) is all in all quite subjective so no wonder that one likes what others disgust. And yes, same goes for Inquisition's vocals, I agree. There are many other bands with unique (be it positive or negative) singers like hyped Batushka or viking-era-Quorthon...

Chainbreaker's picture

I never understood why it's considered uncool for a band or festival to have a lot of merch (see Kiss and Wacken). They're just giving the people what they want, and just a tip, you don't have to buy the merch, it's just out there, if you want it. The music business is exactly that, a business. Bands need/want to make money in order to produce more albums and have a nice lifestyle, just like you and me. Never know when your 15 minutes are over + since everybody seems to be downloading music, the money has to come from somewhere.

holy poison's picture

I get your point. But I think Wacken or Kiss are not so well chosen examples here. We're talking about a Black Metal underground band. Actually black metal was never that much about "business" (unfortunately today it is, I agree on that); people played that music regardless of what others thought about it and if they would purchase it or not. Besides that Wacken or Kiss are waaaay more popular than Urfaust will ever be, by far ;)

Chainbreaker's picture

:-)Yeah, I know, I just chose the most extreme examples out there to make my point.;-) I always think there's money involved with it though without that being a negative thing, no matter if you play black metal or any other kind of music. I know that if I would start a band, the thing I love, it would be my dream to one day make money with it so I wouldn't have to do things I don't like to make a living. (Just hypothetically speaking).

DeathInFire's picture

slayer - first few albums were good. after that was repetitive and generic thrash that never goes anywhere. if you've heard one slayer song you've heard them all (except for seasons which was a pretty good album)

pantera - mediocre music. horrible redneck attitude.

exodus (rob dukes era) - love exodus but wont listen to any rob dukes songs unless performed live by zetro. dudes albums were just terrible and musically suffered.

entombed - i respect the band and have no real strong negative opinions, i just could never get into them.

lamb of god - they just bore me. no strong negative opinions either.

cradle of filth/ dimmur borgir - might as well be the same band. i cant take either seriously. they're just not good.

babymetal - just..no. the shits creepy.

some others are queensryche, black label society, machine head, all glam, killswitch engage, halestorm, lacuna coil and some others im not thinking of right now.

Turkey-man's picture

What's so special about "Seasons In The Abyss"?

DeathInFire's picture

just that it was a different kind of album for slayer. songs were mostly slower and different overall atmosphere.

Thane's picture

Thank you finally someone saying Babymetal. I hate that fucking shit.

Cheezyname's picture

Burzum - Sounds like bees in a tin can

Sabaton - Had a few decent song until i realized they're all basically the same

Rammstein - Sounds like a really boring and slow version of Ministry

BroccoliBadass's picture

I fucking love that description of Burzum, that's so accurate

butcheredalive's picture

Iโ€™m a strange creature. I hate fart can exhausts but I love Filosofem, even though they sound pretty similar

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

I really can`t stand the whole hippie doom 70`s Rock crap that holds Sweden (and other countries to i guess) in an iron grip.
Another horrible trend that i will have to survive hahaha :).
No specific band mentioned.

judascrust's picture

Agree with this one too, I enjoy a few doom bands but on the whole it's a genre I have a hard time enjoying, I like a little more sense of urgency in music haha

Spectrum's picture

+1000. fuck off hippies!

Megatron1777's picture

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Sorry you have to live in the center of all that

BeefCakeAssThrash's picture

behemoth - I don't know why, but I simply don't give 2 shits about that band, while everyone always seems so horny for them at every single festival.

arch enemy - absolutely hate that band..

machine head - everyone seems to love this band, i never got it.. they sound like crap.

lamb of god - redneck douchebags attempting metal.

sabaton - my ass after a night of indian food makes better music.

stallion - at every festival i see at least 1 stallion shirt or patch.. i don't get it. wannabe heavy metal revivalists who care more about the looks than the licks.

thrash or die - douchebags trying to make up for how much they suck by calling everyone posers. their songs are pure garbage aswell.

hammerfall - fuck this band. can't stand their sound. it's like they're sabaton's fucking fathers and passed the shit down to sabaton.

rammstein - absolutely hate rammstein. can't stand that stage circus and lame sound. I'm not even gonna start on the fanbase..

jess and the ancient ones - saw them live in Finland back in 2012.. I was looking forward to their show back then since I only heard they were like the Devil's Blood from Finland.. man did I try to enjoy them, but I just couldn't for some reason.. no hate towards the band tho, not at all.

there's so much more bands, really.. when they come to mind I'll reply them to this comment, but this is all i can think of right now.
I DID NOT MEAN TO OFFEND ANY FAN OF AFOREMENTIONED BANDS! THESE ARE JUST OPINIONS!

Cthulhu1999's picture

I love Rammstein ( first metal band i ever listened too.) But the fanbase is disgusting.

Johnny-Eyeball's picture

AC/DC. Most boring fucking band on the planet.

foresthead's picture

thats right :)

vomitoxic's picture

Agreed!

BroccoliBadass's picture

Thank God someone finally agrees with me! I play up how much I hate them as a joke a lot but they genuinely are just boring and repetitive, they're the epitome of everything I hate in any band

butcheredalive's picture

Finally someone says it!!

Shatafaker666's picture

Indeed.

hector.kirkwood@gmail.com's picture

Slipknot, for a 'crazy' band they have very organised setlist and in-between song raps that are embarrassing.

Ghost, don't see the fuss myself.

Manowar, trying too hard to be manly, eww.

llama_operation's picture

Hellhammer. I love Bathory, Possessed, Death, Celtic Frost, etc., but I don't think the dudes that were in Hellhammer (Tom included) were good musicians at that point.

joecubbie's picture

Top 5...

1. Deafheaven
2. Ghost B.C.
3. Pallbearer
4. Mastodon
5. Manowar

imfan1975's picture

Pantera
Guns N' Roses ( I have a fucking unimaginable hate for them )
Lamb of God
Opeth
Bloodbath
Ghost
Led Zeppelin
any band that tries to be hipster/trendy
any glam band
Also I don't really like classic rock at all. I especially hate the whole hippie movement in the late 60s early 70s

wolfskrieger's picture

Yes, those shitty hipsters and that shitty hipster black metal bullshit that is not even real. Indie rock, all rap, hip-hop, pop music, country music, emo bands, and scene bands.

nuclearthrasher666's picture

lamb of god - Enjoyable music , very boring vocals
Midnight - Cool band but after 3 songs I just go back and spin "Welcome to hell and "Black metal"
Cannibal corpse - Nothing special about them for me. But they are amazing live
Satanic Warmaster - ABSOLUTE SHIT. A pathetic parody of black metal
Modern thrash bands like Havok, Evile, Warbriger, Violator - Their are not bad but they are not even close to the greatness of the 80's thrash
Ridiculous folk metal bands like Korpiklaani and Turisas - Plain ridiculousness
Amon amarth - same as Cannibal corpse. Good entertainers nothing more
BLS - as everyone said above , really overrated band
Bloodbath- When you have KILLER bands like repugnant,morbus chron,obliteration,verminous etc. there is no reason to waste time of this wannabe "old-school" side project.
Iced earth - On the top 5 of most overated bands ever. Entry level metal band for 12 year old kids that won;t give a shit about them after the discover Iron Maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest etc

Megatron1777's picture

Agree with what Daniel Sodomaniac says about that big 70s hippie stoner ripoff scene all over Europe, there's a few stand out groups but everything else is just boring as all hell. Always hated Kiss, fucking sellouts, could never get into Tool, just realized how bad Ghost really are. Pretty much the glam genre as a whole, Guns N Roses especially, Axl is without a doubt the worst singer I've ever heard. Rob Zombie isn't bad but I don't get all the hype besides maybe the imagery. BLS is just shitty wannabe tough guy biker music if you ask me. I'm really touchy on shred metal, I like Devin Townsend and Yngwie but not Satriani or Steve Vai. And Primus are the single biggest piece of shit I've ever heard in my entire life, my hate for them is stronger than a charging grizzly bear protecting its young

PForx's picture

Most of my friends share my opinions on most of these bands, but "everyone" else seem to like them, and I don't understand why.

Pantera
Tankard
Metallica (except for Kill 'Em All, which fucking rules)
Death (except for Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy)
Cannibal Corpse
Havok
Gama Bomb
Lich King
Skull Fist
Slayer (Show No Mercy rules, 2nd and 3rd albums are good, the rest sucks)
Deicide
Immortal (I like some stuff, but most of it is mediocre at best)
Mayhem (I like Deathcrush and Live in Leipzig, everything else is poop)
Amon Amarth (I heard a demo that I liked, but why are people listening to this shit?!)
Carcass

llama_operation's picture

I agree with you on Slayer. I also liked that little Live Undead EP.

PForx's picture

Yeah I like that and Haunting the Chapel as well, but I was using albums as chronological reference points in the bands' discographies.

imfan1975's picture

I'm just curious because they're my favorite band, but why Deicide?

PForx's picture

Because I find them to be boring and generic.

wolfskrieger's picture

I do not like BSL, but that album cover Shot to Hell is fucking funny .

Nater90's picture

This topic made my day, Love seeing the various opinions.

Everything I post is my view and opinion, I am only human.

Babymetal, No....Just no, Well...The music of a couple of songs I've heard is ok, But overall it seriously sounds like a big fuck off octopus is raping the girls and making them sing a song, It's awful and is fucking aids to my ears and they need to die.

Bring Me The Horizon, They wanted to be the heaviest band in the world and everyone blew their loads over it saying how amazing it is, People trying to discuss Death Metal with me couldn't be more wrong, No they went softer and gayer.

Brokencyde, Nuff' said.

Black Label Society, Over-rated and bore me.

I am open and will check out stuff people recommend, But bands that get made just to sell records fucking piss me off to no end.

If you want to become a musician, Write lyrics from your heart and brain and work your ass off to be somebody.

If my project takes off and a record label wants me, I've got a lot of demands that will have to be set if I was to sign a contract.

Megatron1777's picture

Ahahahaha oh man you're description of babymetal is perfect, I completely forgot about them and can't stand them either. What happened to them anyway, it's like they were huge for a month and then just fell off the face of the earth?

Nater90's picture

Thank you, Before I retired from my radio show every few weeks my co-hosts would play them to spite me haha, Was funny but I strongly dislike them as you can see.

No idea what happened nor have I looked nor did I actually know, If their dead, Good riddance.

nameless_rites's picture

The worst thing about Babymetal is how the kids are exploited by their parents/managers, put on this grueling tour/appearance schedule at an age where their bodies just can't handle that sort of thing. Just like a lot of child actors in America; behind the scenes its their parents/managers pumping them for every last dime they can get.

Nater90's picture

Very true also, They seem to pressure their kids a lot, To an extent motivation is a great thing you want your kids to be the best they can be, But there comes a point where they snap and become unstable beings.

Yeah some of the childhood stars of yesteryear's are struggling to cope.

Thrashattck94's picture

"Octopus raping the girls". Mate, you've REALLY got to lay off the hentai.

Megatron1777's picture

+1 on thrashattck94's post, that just made my day ahahaha. And same, not a band I go out of my way just to find out their status. This reminds me, I should post this very strange babymetal object I saw. Had no idea about the parents and managers thing though, that's fucked. Don't like the music and now no respect for the people behind it

Nater90's picture

Haha, Do post.

Yeah to me it just screams out parents and manager based shit.

PForx's picture

Hahahaha

Nater90's picture

Sorry I don't watch hentai...I do watch anime though.

I'm just a fucked up individual mate ;)

VoodooChild's picture

Since this topic is about bands others like and you don't do you actually know people who like brokencyde???) O____O

Thrashattck94's picture

No I don't, thank fuck. If I ever listen to 0.1 picosecond of Blood on the Dance Floor or BrokenCyde I think I might go deaf.

Nater90's picture

I think the world would cave in upon itself and look like a chicks twat or a dim sim even....

Mind = Blown.

VoodooChild's picture

While thanking every divine power, I can honestly tell you I have never heard BOTDF, this way I can't really claim I hate them (like I do with brokencyde) but I'm not gonna take the risk... never heard em and plan to keep it that way!!!

Nater90's picture

What has been heard cannot be unheard.

VoodooChild's picture

Exactly, I will try to make sure it will never be heard. What I hear about this band I get really scared and want to keep em as far away as possible.

Nater90's picture

Haha, Sounds like a plan.

butcheredalive's picture

Not to mention Dahvie Vanity is a fucking pedophile

Nater90's picture

Mate of mine likes some of their stuff, Not sure if he does it to spite me or he just doesn't get the music world.

He once referred Aborted as a Deathcore band, I tore him a new asshole and pick at him each time I see him.

On the upside I've got him into some Black Metal so hopes not lost, But still...Yeah, Can't finish the sentence.

Demolition_hell_hammer's picture

Pantera, Manowar, Midnight, Skull Fist, Lost Society

Claudandus's picture

Motรถrhead:
Yeah Lemmy was an icon, Yeah they're really gritty and primitive. Wake me up when the album is over...
I can see the appeal for a few songs here and there. But I've yet to finish an album without looking att the clock every few seconds. I can respect them as pioneers, but I have no interest in them as a band.

Watain:
One of those bands who seems to be so preoccupied with everything looking and sounding "right" that the music becomes more of an accent piece than anything. Tacked on "eviler" than thou attitude and only bland, bargain bin music to back it up with.

Deathspell Omega:
Another band who's seemingly putting image before content. Yeah they've probably done their homework on satanism more than I have or ever will. But a well thought out concept means nothing if the music sucks. Add to that a lame รผber-serious and self indulgent attitude, no thanks. This band seems to get all the praise in the world and I just don't get the hype. A couple of wannabe philosophers that just tries way too hard to be different to be really interesting in the long run.

Pantera:
The epitome of soulless "tough guy" metal. Everything about them seems so damn artificial and tryhard.

Most revival acts:
I guess it's kind of endearing to hear a band play the same way as in the good 'ol days. But this kind of music has zero staying power for me apart for a handful of bands. It's like playing games on a emulator. It's kind of cool that you can play Super Mario Bros on your brand new PC. But after a while you start to long for the authenticity of an actual controller and crt-television.

Metalucifer and Heavy Load:
Everyone is all over these guys, proclaiming them as the pinnacle of heavy metal awesomeness. Personally I just can't see anything especially enjoyable in either band. Heavy Load just sounds limpwristed and Metalucifer to me are just one of those jokes that's too silly to even find funny. And the pubescent "Look at me how cool I am for liking heaaaavy metaaal!" attitude most of their fans seems to have is even more off putting.

xenokrist_97's picture

Completely agreed on Deathspell Omega, fuck them

Chainbreaker's picture

Totally agree with you on Motรถrhead

Dr. Fill's picture

I really do think Watain are pathetic. Maybe I'm biased because of my personal belief system but you have to admit it's pretty dumb and unthreatening.

THMManiac's picture

hahahaha holy shit you named like all my favourite bands. What a burn xD but that's the glory of metal. Such a huge battlefield, plenty of sides to chose.

wolfskrieger's picture

I think overkill is way better than the big 4, but Slayer's and Anthrax's first 5 albums are fucking awesome. I do not care much for Megadeth or Metallica as I think Metallica is the most overrated hyped up thrash band ever. Avenged Seven Fold another shitty core band. LOL@ how they copied Overkill's logo poser faggots.

Chainbreaker's picture

Also think Overkill are way better than the big four! They have consistedly made great albums over their entire career. You can't say that concerning any of the big four! Furthermore I am a big fan of Bobby's singing, but I can understand that it either works for you or it doesn't

kissman's picture

Guns N' Roses hate them with a passion... imo they are the most overrated band in history!

imfan1975's picture

Haha my thoughts exactly! Glad there was someone else in this thread who agreed with me!

Chainbreaker's picture

+1

alla2465's picture

To keep it simple I will pick one band: Slayer. By far the most overrated and overhyped band, their entire style is super super boring, and I find nothing appealing about them, I just don't get why so many people love a band that is so boring... I really don't get what it is people see in Slayer...

Chainbreaker's picture

Ditto! Raining blood is a great song though!

Vombatus's picture

I could almost classify the bands I dislike by categories:

- Poop-folk/pseudo-Viking ร  la Eluveitie, Varg, etc...

- All those unoriginal and boring Revival-thrash (Gama Bomb, Lich King,...)

- Done to death/sleep inducing melodeath like Insomium, Be'lakor, Wolfheart..... Special mention to Wintersun coz on top of this, he is a joke.

- Extreme metal bands trying too hard to appeal the mainstream, eager to appear on magazine covers, driven by the bills (Myrkur, Behemoth, etc...).

Then there lots of popular bands I just don't care about: Megadeth, Pantera, BLS,.... you get the picture.

Kimbozya's picture

Agree with everything except for Eluveitie.

Taikon's picture

SHREDDER S47's picture

Burzum - Most of the time, primitive is perfectly fine. But this just pushes the simplicity too far for me. Much too boring. Nothing catchy EVER

butcheredalive's picture

The most complicated thing Burzum has ever done was the slide in the middle of Dunkelheit but itโ€™s good enough for me

wolfskrieger's picture

Nirvana and the beatles.

Chainbreaker's picture

Nirvana blows chunks, agreed. The Beatles though? Not that I ever listen to The Beatles, but I can muster up a lot of respect for them. Nirvana, I just never understood. And I was young when they just started to become popular. Bunch of emo, kill yourself, live is shit kinda bullshit never was my cup of tea.

Cthulhu1999's picture

Okay so at the school I go too there is this guy who thinks Kurt is a genius. No he had little to no skill, and this is coming from a guy who plays the washboard.

oldmate's picture

FUCK me... I am really shocked.. that more than 1 person put down Pantera.. that is spinning me out.

I just cant get into Machine Head. All my mates like them alot, but I just dont. Not sure why. Also Nile and Six feet under

oldmate's picture

Thrashattck94 I was like you with overkill.. never really liked them. Then I got the electric age and that all changed. Now I really like them and I also listen to some of the older stuff

Snaggletooth's picture

All overrated:

Pantera
BLS
Nirvana
Municipal Waste
Thrash or Die
Cannibal Corpse

Chainbreaker's picture

+1

frankie530's picture

Testament

frankie530's picture

And Ghost

Skullfucking Armageddon's picture

Judas Priest:
I always was more of a Iron Maiden-Guy and just never got into them. I find them kind of boring to be honest..

Metallica:
First Album is fine and I also somehow like "...And Justice for All" but everything else...meh, I never understood why this Band is so beloved.

Slayer:
"Show no Mercy" and "Haunting the Chapel" is everything you need.

Behemoth:
I just think they are boring...what else can I say?

And every Neo-Thrash Band ever.

Croby's picture

interesting thing about Judas Priest, I'm quite the contrary type, always prefered Judas Priest over Maiden

Cthulhu1999's picture

+1

Metalmate's picture

Here we go:

Opeth
Pantera
Machine Head
Prong
Voivod
Gojira
Life Of Agony
Strapping Young Lad
Trivium
Lamb Of God
Six Feet Under
Nile
and
Opeth and Voivod oh wait did I say that twice?

And after 20 + years of listening and trying I still can't really get into Black Sabbath... There I said it

Chainbreaker's picture

Also going out on a limb here, but Black Sabbath (with Ozzy on vocals) isn't really my cup of tea. I really respect them for being the founding fathers of metal and all, but most of their stuff just sounds too psychedelic and slow for me. I like the stuff they did with Dio though. And strange enough, I am definitively a big fan of Ozzy's solo work, though not that much of his singing.

Thane's picture

oof SYL? Anything Devin Townsend is great, in my opinion. The dude has some of the most impressive vocals and range of anyone on the planet

+1 for Trivium, Machine Head, Lamb of God, and Six Feet Under. Don't mind some stuff from these bands but don't understand why they get as much attention as they do

Metalmate's picture

Oops forgot Exciter..

jdubz666's picture

no

Jaybe666's picture

Anthrax: saw them last year, couldn't get into it, Ghost, Pallbearer, Urfaust, AC/DC, Guns'n'Roses, Blues Pills, The Devils Blood, BLS, Children of Bodom, Def Leppard, Blind guardian
throwing in some genres, too lazy to name more bands: thrash, melodic, folk, viking, power, symphonic, metalcore, gothic, glam, christian
exceptions can be made

Croby's picture

yep, here's a couple: Testament (except for The Legacy), Megadeth, Vader and Pantera.

Pages