TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

guide to getting patches made?

DethronedEmperor23
Thu, 20/11/2014 - 03:39

websites, prices, tips, etc. self explanatory question.

Joel's picture
RavenEffect's picture

just out of curiosity, on patch-shop.com, a small patch with two colors, how much did it cost you on average?

Joel's picture

Not much. Couldn't have been any more than $7.

RavenEffect's picture

that's way cheaper than the majority of these "vintage band logos" that are going around TSS and FB for 10 and 15€. Do you happen to know where they ship from?

Joel's picture

Lithuania.

Joel's picture

Here's something to help you out.

Joel's picture

Here's something to help you out.

http://www.patch-shop.com/faq/

Nater90's picture

If you are after printed check out user Turkey-man

http://tshirtslayer.com/user/turkeyman

Amazing stuff.

RavenEffect's picture

On Portugal there's a tradition where collage students wear a black uniform and a cape that they fill with these Scouts-Like badges ( something like this http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JQJBXrrMKzU/TNhLsIocL9I/AAAAAAAAAA0/2_4oiJMOM0... )

There are plenty of shops that make these personalized woven badges that dont cost that much. Now, the detail isnt amazing and I doubt these shops can pull off a detailed patch but most can produce a decent Logo with a few colors, even though the quality isnt really top notch. I know Scout shops also make them so you could try to contact a few locals, could help

oldmate's picture

thats cool as. I like the pigon patch :)

Blüdrayne's picture

I'm looking to make a custom embroidered logo backpatch. Who knows about that?

gizter's picture

like Joel said, patch shop is a greta place. i got my gold Dystopia backpatch made there. aswell as some others.

Turkey-man's picture

You can order custom embroidered patch from me.

Blüdrayne's picture

I'll PM you soon then with an enquiry.

kereealazer's picture

Is it possible for you to make a Opeth: Damnation embroidered back patch?

Turkey-man's picture

Give me the picture please.

MaxPerv's picture

Kinda wierd question, but has anyone had experience washing a jacket with printed patches?
I find some of my patches are real stiff (both printed and woven) and it pisses me off wearing the jacket when i can actually feel these rigid square patches not bending.
I was thinking of chucking it in a quick cold hand wash with a bit of fabric softener or something.
I gotta be careful as it is - I have a bit of hand painted shit on my jacket.

gizter's picture

just beat your jacket up. ;) its what i do whenever i put new patches on it.
(that was a pretty bad explaination.. someone once made a video about it in another thread)

MaxPerv's picture

Maybe I could try yelling at it, and/or threatening it?
(Good jacket-advice from Jon Goodman when he was a biker on The Simpsons... But it didn't work well, apparently) ;)

DethronedEmperor23's picture

LOL

nah but what I do is take a small cloth, wet it, put some soap on it, and gently caress the patches, then wet the patches, and let them dry. Works for me, had a patch i recieved from here in what looks like was covered in vomit, and now it looks (and smells) new.

MaxPerv's picture

Gently caressing patches ... Under the flicker of candle light?
;) Sorry....
Awesome man, that's good advice I think coz it can focus on any that are particularly problematic, whist avoiding immersing any that don't need it.
Vomit patch? That's hectic.
I bought a Cretin shirt (new) a while back and it smelt like piss + vinegar. Metal smells....

DethronedEmperor23's picture

washing vests in the washer machine can atually destroy them, so this is a better alternative. That sounds horrid though, not as bad as the time when I bought a GnR hockey jersey and it had a cum stain on it. Haven't worn it since

MaxPerv's picture

Christ. If love to see that guys eBay feedback! "Seller is voracious masturbator".

Yeah, I'd never put a vest in the washing machine. I won't even put my rare shirts in there... Hand wash only! ;)

Axehead's picture

where is the the best place to get your own band ''woven'' patches made in bulk in Australia?

R.J.'s picture

Probably NWN. I'm not sure how much shipping would be to Australia, but I haven't seen anything even close to as cheap. This deal would only be valid for official patches I'm sure, because I doubt Yosuke would be willing to do bootlegs.

OSDMNICHOLAS's picture

Which is the best for canvas patches? I have an album cover in mind I want on a back patch printed in black and white.

JoeCool6972's picture

COOL! I need this! I saw a patch on eBay I really liked that said "METAL SON OF A METAL DAD." But I have no son, I have a daughter who is a metalhead. I want a patch that says "Metal Daughter of a Metal Dad." Now I know some places to go! THANKS A MILLION!

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments