TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > TShirtSlayer.com discussion

German Post is on strike!

doctordeath
Thu, 25/06/2015 - 08:46

Those useless expensive bastards are at it again!

http://www.thelocal.de/20150608/postal-union-launches-strike-no-end-date...

Members of service workers' union Verdi at Deutsche Post made good on threats to walk off the job on Monday, announcing an indeterminate strike that will hit deliveries across Germany.

We have to increase the pressure massively," Verdi deputy leader Andrea Kocsis told journalists in Berlin.

Verdi says that the Post has not made any concessions towards solving the conflict through six rounds of talks over pay and working hours for 140,000 employees.

At the heart of the argument is the company's plan to create regional subsidiaries where former postmen will be employed at the lower wages typical of logistics companies.

The union is fighting for the right to continue representing those employees in collective bargaining with the Post.

At the same time, it has been pushing for a one-off €500 payment to every worker in 2015 and a pay rise of 2.7 percent next year.

But Deutsche Post refused, saying that it would cost €300 million to meet Verdi's demands - "a tangible worsening of our existing competitive disadvantage," human resources chief Melanie Kreis said.

Kreis argued on Monday that the Post already pays double the wages of its competitors.

bad_american1992's picture

Pretty upsetting... this probably means the patches I just ordered are in patch purgatory. I bet they are stealing our rare trades to pay off those individual 500 euro payments! "Here you go Johnny, your settlement consists of two Schizophrenias and a Screaming for Vengeance"

meaningless's picture

...would explain why i have so long to wait for my 7"..hahaha

Bitch Butcher's picture

This really sucks, I have stuff coming from Germany and some stuff were about to be sent. I hope this gets through quickly!

Lizard's picture

Well honestly since these motherfuckers are slow as fuck for almost 2 years there's no big difference at all... Had to wait in the last 2 years several times sometimes to 10 fucking days till letters arrived within Germany - even letters which were send within my town (it's funny when a letter takes over 1 week to arrive when the office it was send from is only two bus stations away). I know several people who had to make the same experience.

Post men who weren't able to read my name (the name was just 3 cm x 10 cm big) and send it back saying I'm not living there, pure arrogance combined with endless idiocy and an expensive cross that never arrived made me years ago wanting to torture these shitheads to dead. -.-
Friendly post men giving their best are rare as fuck.

Lizard's picture

Same old story every had to experience... Mailman is smoking faking to ring the door bell and instead of bringing it to the post office 150 m away he brings it to the post office 600 m away, shitheads. -.-"

It's really annoying that your story sounds so familiar. :'D Jesusfuckingchrist I really hate the German post.

I'll never forget when a friend of mine also ordered something for me from Tokyo. Delivery time from Tokyo to Berlin: 2 weeks, delivery time from Berlin to Baltic Sea: 2 1/2 weeks - WTF?!

Hárbarðr's picture

Making double than on any other competitor and still bitching? Fuck these assholes, the same happened here last year, they use the trouble they cause to us normal users as bargaining chip to further their agenda.
I ordered an LP recently, hope it gets here undamaged.

greatabyss's picture

Ahh fuck! I have stuff coming from Germany and it was send earlier this month. No wonder it is taking so long this time. Usually i get my stuff around 2 weeks.

nameless_rites's picture

FYI: I ordered a package (registered) on May 21st and it just arrived last week; that should give you an idea of the rough time frame to expect.

The Painless's picture

Just taken 10 days for a vinyl lp to get from Germany to the UK. Compare that to a cd sent from Belgium which took 2 days - crazy!

Bayernpirat's picture

I got my stuff without problems - 1 CD from Switzerland & 1 Patch from USA

Odiumediae's picture

I am awaiting quite a lot of patches, which do not seem to arrive in the near future. Today I got a paper in the mail informing me that a package arrived. Those lazy cunts keep packages for seven days, afterwards they are sent back. The paper was 8 days old. Well, fuck them. With icicles of frozen vomit.

The German post sucks a whole truck load of golf balls through an extra tight garden hose.

HardNHeavyLeather's picture

Greek banks too... Maybe the German politicians might know why! :)

Odiumediae's picture

German politicians don't know where their cocks are.

so that's the reason they fuck Greece... good!

Odiumediae's picture

Well, if Greek politicians and other rich scum would pay their taxes, maybe German politicians and other German scum wouldn't have fucked Greece.

okay dude

Odiumediae's picture

By the way, the German system of government is not a democracy, it's an oligarchy of brain damaged monkeys and their decision wasn't mine. Neither do I care about Greece nor do I care about your implied irrational accusations any further. Back to topic, please.

Overactive Imagination's picture

Looks like i probably won't receive my patches from Germany :( it's already been 4 weeks :'''''(

Odiumediae's picture

I'm still waiting for 9(!) patches, some of which I ordered more than 5 weeks ago. Nothing. Fuck'em.

Odiumediae's picture

And that's within Germany. Since the USPS is even slower than the German post (unbelievable, I know, but it's true), you have my deepest sympathies.

MasterDeath's picture

I was told that the post strike ended last tuesday and everything is back to normal now, except now the post office has to ship all the delayed packages.
THE STRIKE IS OVER

DeathByMetalAustralia's picture

I ordered from Germany and it arrived in no time. Strike may be over as suggested above.

Odiumediae's picture

The strike IS over. Has been for over a week.

slayerslayer's picture

yeah , got email , today , package i sent to Ger. 6 weeks ago arrived yesterday , and the strike is over. what a massive backlog of mail! haha
dont know if this is true , but german posties got a raw deal? https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2015/07/09/verd-j09.html

578,923 items in the gallery, 884,231 comments, and 670 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments