TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Social - Meetups / Gigs etc

Funniest thing you've witnessed at a Gig/Festival?

Morbid_Welshman
Tue, 24/02/2015 - 21:21

So, what's stuck in your memory as the funniest thing you've seen at a Gig or Festival?

Evil_Dead's picture

This one wasn't funny for everyone for sure:
Keep it True fest, 2012.
In the last night some guy (a bit drunk i guess) was dancing on his car for a while and threw his girlfriend into the front window afterwards. The morning after they were sleeping together in the demolited car, which was parked at the central lane of the camping area. There was sort of a queue of people to take pictures of it :D
http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150224/v9gze3y7.jpg

Tankard Emptyer's picture

I think Didi will never get rid of this legend. :D

cambotero's picture

The queue for beer tickets.

bad_american1992's picture

Seeing someone get their pants ripped off by security at Dropkick Murphys. They were butt ass naked for the whole crowd to see.

Morbid_Welshman's picture

Chris Pontius, maybe? Hahah :L

Like Evil_Dead: This one wasn't funny for everyone for sure
Keep It True festival 2013 - Midnight
The average KIT audience and the average Midnight audience don't fit togehter. The former weren't ready for Midnight.
While most bands usually give their spare water bottles carfully to the first rows, Athenar did a full-power throw right into the masses. He hit an older guy, who was standing with his back to the stage, right at the head.
I thought this to be funny, because I think some parts of the older KIT audience got "lazy". Like just hunting for rare records and hailing mediocre bands, not ready for the fucked-up chaos a metal show used to be.

Evil_Dead's picture

I don’t consider myself old (born ‘86), but I’m not into Midnight at all. I tried to listen to their stuff and saw them live twice, but each time I got totally bored after 3-4 songs. Not my band...

punani's picture

to bad that the "older" guy not hit the bottle back to athenar ;)

Yep, I think that to be the adequate reaction.^^
And I forgot to make clear, that I'm really sorry for that guy. Must have hurt quite well.

punani's picture

yeah he throw a bottle to someone who dont like his music maybe,so what if the dude dont like midnight?
get over it and play for the people who like it.
lets see how athenar behaves next weekend in hamburg ;)

I don't think Athenar aimed to that guy.
And yep, I think Midnight at HoH will be a struggle to stay safe in the first rows.

punani's picture

oh btw i am an older guy(40years)but i like midnight a lot.

Thumbs up! Are you going to HoH?

punani's picture

yes i will be there for sure.sick line up.

Cool, let's drink a beer up there. :)

punani's picture

cool mate lets do it(btw i dont drink beer anymore he he)

Vombatus's picture

Jesus, that is hilarious !!! Did they keep the show going without the drummer ?

Penetrator's picture

Athenar asked whether somebody from the audience could play the drums or bass so they could go on.
I think he said something about playing drums himself so they would perfom the songs without singing, but then they found a guy from the audience who played drums for 2-3 songs or something, can´t clearly remember it.
He was really embarrassed and apologized many times, said that this was not Midnight standard at all.
Nonetheless a night to remember haha.

Spectrum's picture

If any of you was at Death Doomed The Age festival 2012 sure He/She will remember the guy with the fucked-up pants and without underpants banging at the stage. I remember to see a photo of that in Facebook as well haha

ROCK OUT WITH YOUR COCK OUT!

Hahaha, I was lucky enough to not witness that :D

joecubbie's picture

There's a lot of weird moments like this for me. One that I remember off the top of my head is when I went to go see Black Sabbath, some guy was kicked out and he was so crazy they had to put a straight jacket on him. At first I thought it was a stunt or something to go along with the show. Who knows.

Stronthor's picture

One time at a Slayer show in Amsterdam, probably in 2008, people threw toilet paper at Trivium during their set. Gave me a good chuckle :)

Evil_Dead's picture

Was the toilet paper used? :D
At Earthshaker Festival 2006 bunch of guys were throwing mud at some modern band, Deathstars or something alike. Was kinda mean, but still funny.

Stronthor's picture

The toilet paper was not used, which I felt was a tad disappointing...

I've taken part in Dildo-Shotput, Bin-Jousting (Anyone who's been to Bloodstock will know what this is) being dragged around the campsite on a tarpaulin and witnessed lots of nudity, mud-wrestling and lots more, hahaha :L

alla2465's picture

Well. I always run into this guy during every single gig or festival I go to, always.
I even went to Black Christmas in Sweden last year(I am from Denmark, and first I had to go to Sweden, took like maybe 2 hours? And then in Sweden our friend picked us up and drove us to the festival), and we met that guy there as well! No matter where I am, or who I am seeing, this guy is always there haha.

Some weird dude shit his pants at an Ill Repute show in my hometown hahaha. He kept moshing. Saw him in the parking lot after another Nardcore show and it smelled like he shit his pants again or just hadn't changed since the last show.

invisible-horizons's picture

Wow, that's some funny shit! Back in 2009, I performed vocals for my death metal band Funerealm and saw someone bring in a ambulance stretcher into the pit! Multiple people were riding on it at the same time and crashing into other people and also knocking it over. It was pretty ridiculous! I think I have pictures of this somewhere hahaha!

DeathInFire's picture

lol i would love to see pictures of that

Yoschi29's picture

When I went back to my tent a drunk guy walked before me and looked in my face, putting his hands to his pants. I just said "oh god, please not" and then he put his dick out of its pants and just when i made a step to the side he started pissing. Luck i didn't watch down. xD

Greaserjlg's picture

I went to a hardcore show at a hole in the wall tavern up the street, and while one of the bands we're playing some drunk guy sucker punched another guy for some stupid reason. The lead singer (a 7 foot tall over 300 pound black dude, looks like he'd wrestle for WWE) drops the mic and kicks the guys ass who started the fight and threw him out of the bar like an old western movie. It was hilarious to watch because he looked like Chef from South Park. Me and him ended up becoming friends after the show, pretty rad guy.

That must of been funny to witness in person. I remember seeing a dude that looked like Triple H in the pit at a backyard metal show. It was pretty funny.

JesusLovesCakeFart's picture

Leftover Crack toured with the Casualties a few years ago and the show was filled with two types of elitist douche punx- scumfuck crust-y punks (LoC fans) and sooper trendy style punks (Casualties fans). Commence shit talking and bickering all. fucking. night. Comedy to those of us who were there to see the bands and not have a fashion show. My buddy and I left before Casualties finished their set since you couldn't see shit past the rainbow sea of 2ft tall mohawks anyway. Still a fun show.

I remember seeing a death metal show back in 2006, and there sadly were some deathcore bullshit bands playing as well. A bunch of idiots were doing that karate arm swinging shit, and the lights went out and one of the dudes got smashed with a beer bottle. Some of the death metal dudes beat the hell out of these emo kids or whatever you want to call them. I think they're referred as hipsters now.

Greaserjlg's picture

That's good to know, that karate dancing shit is retarded

Indeed hahaha!

Nater90's picture

In Australia we call it "Kung-Fu Moshing" and "Hardcore Dancing" Back in the day when me and some friends went to gigs and they'd do it we'd mosh into them to unbalance them or just bump into them to piss em' off.

My warehouse manager at work is a brown belt in karate and sometimes while he waits for the jug to boil to make us a cup of tea in the morning he practices his "Kata's" so a couple of times to take the piss I start to Kung-Fu mosh for fun and he just looks at me like "Wtf?" and calls me a tosser haha.

ThomasMustaine's picture

Something similar happened at Goatwhore/Psycroptic. The opening band was some shitty deathcore band, and all the crowd started leaving the pit to drink beer or chat to friends and that one.single. twig of a kid started HxCx dancing in the middle of the pit while everyone else was looking at him and laughing. When Goatwhore started playing however, the kid stayed at the very back of the pit, barely moving his head and pretty much avoided the pit for the whole show. I found it kinda funny that he tried to be tough when no one was there and when the real mosh started he bitched out!

Nater90's picture

Just realized you're from Melbourne to! That would've been "Aversions Crown" I went to school with Mark Poida the vocalist.

sandmanforce's picture

I was a D.R.I. show in 1998 in Budapest where a guy jumped from the stage to the floor. I saw how the guy lost 3 or 4 teeth of front but he continuing the slamdance...Spike Cassidy just shaked his head...

DeathDealer's picture

2 weeks ago Sabaton had their last show of the tour in Amsterdam. Joakim's pants got stolen (Finished last song in his underpants) and the guys from the previous bands got on stage in mankini's. And alot of other weird fun stuff, too much to name haha. Best show I've ever attended to

oldmate's picture

For me it was at a Municipal Waste gig. Some dude got a shoe and was slapping himself in the head with for for about 50 slaps. it was funny and just fucking weird

fuck might have been a toxic holocaust show... fuck cant remember. It was one of them 100%

Antonio's picture

Back in the 80's, at England/Castle Donington's Monsters Of Rock Festivals, the "throwing cans war" in the crowd, during the interval between the gigs; some cans were empty, some contained beer and some contained....piss!!

I'm going to Donnington for the first time this year; I was born at the wrong time, would've loved to have seen the Monsters of Rock shows :(

Antonio's picture

Those festivals were the time of my "metal" life. I'm sure you're going to have a great time; hard rock music, friends and a lot of booze, we don't need anything else.... :)

judascrust's picture

not really that funny but a bat interrupted napalm death's set in Worcester, Massachusetts a few weeks ago; it must have flew in through a side door behind the stage & it was kind of amusing to see the guys all creeped out about a bat swooping in around their heads, halted the show for a good 5-10 minutes, wasn't sure if they were gonna keep playing or not haha all these drunk pieces of shit kept yelling stupid shit at them the whole time here's a video someone posted on youtube
http://youtu.be/x_KwJzmDgk4

Nater90's picture

In 2013 when I seen Alestorm for their "Live At The End Of The World" Tour (Also the DVD filmed in Melbourne get on it! I'm in it \m/) Someone brought in a bunch of pirate balloons and the whole moshpit had one just keeping it up and it went on stage a few times and all together we went "Awwwwwwwww" and security got on stage and through it back and we all cheered and kept going still support act Barbariön came on.

SAATANANVITTU's picture

Last year's Neurotic Deathfest there was a guy with a kilt and as you should, he had nothing underneath it. He was sitting with his legs far apart and flashing at people.... then he started touching his dick and my boyfriend's friend of course had to make a picture!

I also find it funny that every single festival or gig we attend, my boyfriend gets at least one free beer due to his hair and numerous compliments and everyone always wants to touch it :D once I came from the toilet to find three ladies around him like "it is so fluffy!"

judascrust's picture

best story so far; a guy with his dick out is always gonna be funnier than just about anything else that could happen at a show hahaha

SAATANANVITTU's picture

At first we thought it was by accident but soon it became clear he was doing it on purpose :D

Cage of mirrors's picture

I remember back probably 2006-07 going to a local death metal show at this small club the gas lighter, I forgot the names of the bands who were playing. There was this huge fucking guy had to have been 7 feet 300 pounds just absolutely demolishing everyone who has in the the pit. At one point during the night the dudes pants fall down completely like around his ankles, and he stops in the middle of the pit and starts pulling his pants up. While he is doing this he is still moshing and taking people down. He knocked down four dudes as this was going on and he barely move an inch. It was hilarious to see!!!

408Thrasher's picture

Ohh shit, the old Gaslighter in Campbell? I saw Necrophagia and Disgorge there, and a bunch of other punk bands, sucks that its gone

Cage of mirrors's picture

Yeah that place was rad its a shame a bunch of the venues in the bay area are shutting down.

whiteboy95's picture

I went to go see Morbosidad once. One of the opening bands had this set of bones set on stage for their performance, which was left on stage until Morbosidad finished their set. During Morbosidad's set, someone decided it was a good idea to throw the trash can (full of glass beer bottles) all over the place. The venue was tiny, so the trash can went from the floor to the stage to the pool table in the back in half a second. Someone also started throwing the bones around, so at the end of the night, there was glass, blood (because there was still a violent pit going on, and someone started rolling around in the glass) and bones everywhere.
New Orleans.

CxMxD's picture

At gwar I I seen two guys with ac/dc and metallica shirts wearing the beavis and butthead official masks. They were in the pit, jumping up and down throwing the horns.

At strikers new years bash there was a guy in the pit with a bottle of beer. He had his thumb over the top, but since he was getting pushed around, it was shooting up to the ceiling and falling all over the floor.

At mayhem and watain there was a guy behind me screaming "REPENT!!!!!" the whole time. He gave the singer of watain the middle finger, and the singer just stopped and stared at him for a solid minute or two. It was very unsettling because i was right in front of the douchebag. thought i might get caught in the crossfire xD

stupid times guys.... Stupid times

CxMxD's picture

also at the striker bash, there was a short skinny middle eastern type kid absolutely FUCKING SHIT UP in the pit, he didnt look like the metal type! but anyways When the set was done he gave everyone high fives, He came up to me (im rather tall) and he just patted me on the stomach and said "That was fucking awesome"

that kid was the highlight of the night.

Hyperfa's picture

Abbath said that they will play a song during their show in Athens and as he was at least drunk they played another song, hahaha!!!!!

nameless_rites's picture

At Mayhem/Watain I saw some idiot drink a bunch of Watain's stage blood to impress his friends; 10 minutes later I saw him in the bathroom vomiting it back up.... curled up around the filthiest toilet I've ever seen, literally kneeling in a sea of piss, wet toilet paper and cigarette butts. Apparently it was real animal blood, and had gone rancid.

Horrible show, at any rate. Worst acoustics ever, no soundcheck from anyone, just a wall of feedback + snare drum.

Zek's picture

Inflatable beach toys at Rompeprop gigs, or toilet paper and toilet cleaning pellets at Gutalax shows; always a good ambiance !

Godlybeing's picture

In the 2014 metaldays' edition, there was a table near the place my friends and I were sleeping.
This table didn't belong to us, but anyway...
One night I woke up due to some noises and I saw a guy fucking his girlfriend on this table, and despite the fact that my friends and I were watching and they knew it, they didn't stop...

Jaybe666's picture

I think all know that places at festivals, where everybody pisses into the bushes... once I saw a girl giving a blowjob while kneeing in that wonderful pond of decent amount of piss and a trace of vomit

Kinda kinky if you ask me

metalkeith's picture

At Ozzfest 2004, some older dudes in front of me were drinking and high-fiving all the way through Dimmu Borgir, Superjoint Ritual, Slayer, and Judas Priest, yelling "remember when we saw Sabbath 30 years ago blaghhaghsga!!!" They were just drinking and high-fiving for like three hours. When Sabbath finally came on, they were both passed out on the lawn.

BlackMetalPete's picture

I saw The Mentors about 20 years ago in San Francisco and El Duce was so wasted that he passed out about half way through the set. He was lying on the floor in front of the band with his pants and underwear around his ankles. The band just left him there while a roadie put on a hood and sang the rest of the set.

578,656 items in the gallery, 884,161 comments, and 671 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• You struck gold, this is amazing!
  • AGREEED🔥🔥
  • Such a bad ass find!
  • You print this?
  • DAMN!
  • OH! I love that the back says ILLinois. I love sporting Bands from my home State!
  • Were these practice runs for Hells Head Bangers?
  • Good old German Thrash!
  • Die 3 zusammen wären auch einiges mehr Wert das es jeweils nur 50 bis 100er Auflagen gibt
  • Würde dir auch alle 3 für den Regicide geben, also den HM Power '83, den Metal Bastards und den Freundschaftspatch
  • Der ist auch neutral
  • Thank you!
  • Cool one!
  • Awesome vinyl..
  • Der HM Power Germany '83 ist komplett neutral
  • Passt ja zur Truppe.