TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Do you wear your jacket everywhere you go?

KRE8
Tue, 05/07/2011 - 02:48

Just out of curiosity, do you guys/girls wear your jackets everywhere or only to shows? :D

ShieldbitersValhalla's picture

I usually only wear mine to shows. Outside of shows, it is worn only when I deem it necessary to execute certain... cultural enforcement.

i.e. when I know I'll be in a place packed with "gangsters", "hoodlums", or "hipsters" etc. Particularly those followers of the hip-hop culture.

Tico Tyrant's picture

haha what in the hell is a hipster, that's a new one to my ears! Some kind of hip hop slang?

BeheadingN's picture

A hipster is some faggot that believes that the 'underground' is cool and anything mainstream is considered shit.

Tico Tyrant's picture

Somewhat similar to an elitist? I guess I don't really understand as I haven't met any yet! haha whatever, it's probably nothing to even bother thinking about.

creedsk8's picture

Hipsters wear tight jeans,sweaters, short beards they usually have tatoos of animals, are vegan, most work and shop at whole foods and are the biggest demographic of PBR drinkers no kidding, there kind of an off shoot of punk alittle more cleaned up version usually they listen to cutting edge rock,americana,think kind of the Auston Texas kind of music scene,and from what ive read all shop at the same clothing stores, they usually just support american companies there pretty nonoffensive but there is so many of them here now and they all look exactly the same it's kind of lame and trendy.

ConsideredDead11's picture

That usually depends on area, race, music. If one does not have to dress metal to BE metal, then one does not have to dress hipster to be hipster. "Swagfags" are all over my area, someone them could be cool, but most are dicks.

creedsk8's picture

not sure what swagfag is? pretty funny word though I was just kind of breaking down what a hipster is, I think most people outside of usa don't know what hipsters are, they kind of look the same and support the same compianies country wide, the loose term hipster has kind of a uniform look now to it, I think it is a dress code and ethos combined now that the word describes.

BestialDevastation's picture

Swagfag:
-Usually 14-25 year olds who listen to shit like Lil Wayne, Wiz Kalifa, and Tyga. Shit like that.
-Use words like "swag" and "yolo".
-Wear skinnys that sag to there knees with Jordans, Nikes, and low top chuck taylors/Vans.
-Shirts by brands like Supreme, Diamond, Thrasher, Obey, and Neff, sometimes ironic shirts like Hipsters.
-Wear these expensive wrist watches called "G-Shocks".
-They also wear denim vests and they've been cutting the sleeves off and adding buttons to them.
-Snap back hats with teams that they don't even like. They just bought the hat cause the colors match their shirt or shoe color.
-They ride heavily customized fixies and most recently, scooters.

Blüdrayne's picture

MISAPPROPRIATION of punk. not an offshoot.

Necrocanibal666's picture

You guys are pretty judgemental chiiiilllll

Tico Tyrant's picture

Mainly just shows, but on a nice Friday or Saturday I sometimes wear it. I guess it really all depends on my mood, but yeah mainly just shows....I will wear it if I'm going to be hanging out with one of my other friends that does like metal, but even then it's a denim vest, and it's summer now...so it's bad enough mainly only having black shirts, the kutte would probably make me even hotter than I already am in this weather.

Hárbarðr's picture

YES!! I have the exact same problem man, summer is too damn hot to be wearing my kutte, at least during the day.
So, during the summer i hardly ever wear it, but the rest of the year it depends on my mood, if i feel like wearing it or not.

Maddolis's picture

No, because that would look silly.
Only at heavy metal shows for me.

MoreGoreLessCore's picture

Everywhere!

KRE8's picture

Even to school?

MoreGoreLessCore's picture

Dont go School :P

dopedpanda's picture

i wear mine almost everywhere rain sleet or snow

mayhempunk666's picture

Shows, hanging out with friends, school, and like shieldbiter when cultural enforcement is recquired

Man, I wish I had mine early enough to use it for highschool haha. Well, I have worn mine to my technical college, but I didn't have mine at the time I was in highschool. I was already distinguishable from everyone by my hair length to begin with. If I had a kutte then, it would just be outright madness. Kids would have been convinced I was in some gang hahaha.

mayhempunk666's picture

everyone at my school thinks im a member of some neo-nazi group/cult.. especially my english and history classes lol

Hahaha. Highscool was interesting. Some people that were in the parking lot hated my truck because I had a Confederate flag sticker on it, and always played Obituary real loud. There was no reason for them to be offended/afraid. When my band auditioned for playing in the talent show(we played Master of Puppets) I wore an Obituary shirt that had a Confederate flag on the front, and after the judges heard us play, they were all excited, but they told me that the flag was offensive. I was about to freak. But they were just ignorant, dogmatic, oppressive, cunt-wipe Yankees that needed a history lesson. They were all teachers at that school too. I don't consider someone's geological location of origin when determining whether or not someone is a Yankee. To me, a Yankee is just someone who is a cunt-wipe and believes 150+ year old war propaganda, regardless of latitude.

lak89's picture

Only when I attend shows.

Adrian's picture

Outside of shows I wear mine about once every two weeks or so. Kind of just when I feel like it. Though some hot days I'll just wear my vest and nothing else, haha

When it's colder I wear my studded leather a lot though

Reborninblasphemy666's picture

I wear my vest all the time ah i <3 it!! \m/!!

Wormwood's picture

Almost everywhere but I let it rest at home every once in awhile

dennis221's picture

Yep, Everywhere you see me i wear my jacket ;) But not when i am at my work ofcourse.. But if you see me walking through the city here and school, im always wearing it ;) Sometimes i dont even know i wear it haha

Link's picture

I wear my jacket all the time , proudly displaying my favorite bands and distinguishable form all the hipster drum and bass fags wanna be rockers here . And yes I think I'm the only guy with a battlejacket in like a 40 km range.

slayerslayer's picture

my hat is tipped at you bloke!

Bayernpirat's picture

not at work, but then everytime

Hungry_Mosher's picture

fuck yeah

BeefCakeAssThrash's picture

wear it everywhere. Got a lot of shit for it on school, tho xD

BabyEviscerator's picture

Of course I do! People in my high school stare at me like im a Nazi, but I just laugh at them.

Tico Tyrant's picture

Now that my new patches arrived in the mail, perhaps after some sewing I might wear it out a bit >:) hahaha

whiteravenmetal's picture

yeah everywhere, I like to show the bands I like with pride.

Rotten's picture

Generally only to shows or if im hanging out with mates of a weekend. I work in a office and even though it pretty casual (im wearing my leather jacket and Death shirt today) i think wearig my vest is just pushing it.

Mitchell's picture

I wear mine all the time. wore it to highschool alot, and wear it to college classes here and there. pretty much everywhere if its not too hot out /m/

ToxikAssault's picture

I went to a job interview with my leather jacket and anthrax t-shirt and I got the job!

Tico Tyrant's picture

What the fuck? How is this even possible....haha....what kind of job, usually it's polo, suit up, or ship out....I can honestly say that you are the first person I have ever heard of that got away with that, skills and abilities aside...I just can't fathom that happening!

slayerslayer's picture

nah , i wear my aussie army camo vest , coverd in Marduk only patches, to work every day ...

Rover133's picture

At shows, but every now and then to some of the local record stores.

Phosphorous_Redeemer's picture

Phosphorous_Redeemer's picture

Everywhere. To the store. To the recordshop. to family events. to shows especially. I dont wear it if im getting dirty or smelly or working outside. Sometimes i dont feel like wearing one, or im in a hurry and dont grab one but thats rarely. I love when bikers are around. One time at a movie theatre with my girlfriend and her cousin, i walked by a biker in a vest, and he did a double-take and looked at me like WTF??? and my gf's cousin busted out laughing. Bikers will look at me and nod and give me the thumbs up, even sometimes give me the horns.

Dude, fuck yes. Its awesome being around the bikers with the kutte.

mayhempunk666's picture

+1 unless they are hells angels......not to nice most of the time

Hungry_Mosher's picture

i dint have anny problem with Hell's Angels. they told me it was nice to see young ppl with Denim vests

Morbideath's picture

I'm curious, what is Hells Angels?

TheWitchburner's picture

Hehe, that's fun.

guitar_demon's picture

I think like alot of people mostly to shows, though ill wear it if my friends and I are gonna be hanging out drinking and blasting metal. sometimes Ill wear it out to the bars not so much to our local pub but if we go somewhere..."rougher" i guess

Evilution E5150's picture

i used to wear it to work a lot but now they enforce the dress code

creedsk8's picture

just shows and bars that have shows, sometimes around town or the day of a show around town, iv'e been to big shows and been the only one there wearing a kutte, the small bar shows usually have more people wearing them.

DamageIncDEB's picture

Just about, I can't at my new school though. It's not a uniform school but it's a mix of 1st-12th grade so I'm not allowed to have anything "provacative" or "offensive". Plus I don't as much since I completely re-did and isn't as full anymore, only about 10-15 patches and I've got a pretty big vest so it's not as much as you'd think.

DeathRipper's picture

All the time. If I could wear it at work, I would.

BlackMetalRights's picture

I haven't worn mine in months .-.
I just don't care for it anymore

But usually i wear my leather!

ManOboy's picture

mostly wear it everywhere, but its cold as fuck out so i usually wear my leather, but if i go somewhere for the night ill usually pack my vest in my backpack.

IronMason's picture

Anywhere else but work and Grandma's house! :D

TheWitchburner's picture

Haha, same here...my grandma doesn't approve my Sacred Reich bp..

Tankard Emptyer's picture

I wear it everyday and everywhere.
Since I'm the only one who wears it at university I'm always pretty easy to find for my friends.

Necrosathanas's picture

I'm me. Of course I wear my clothes if I feel so.

Reborninblasphemy666's picture

Yes, I do, Got my kutte with my leather jacket.

nightslasher26's picture

only to shows and when i go out with friends...there is like 3 guys that have vests in whole city.it gets on my nerves when non metal people read/watch patches like i have decapitated head on my vest!

Mental-Vortex's picture

When I feel like wearing it..

DevilzForce's picture

shows and wherever i deem fit

LikkedbyDeath's picture

All the time. Some days it's the kutte only, some days the leather jacket only, and other days the kutte over leather! :D

IronBound5's picture

Just about every where unless its being worked on at home. When i dont have it on its usally with in reach or in my car while im near by.

VoodooChild's picture

Yeah. Once kicked out of class for refusing to take my leather off. I kept on going it was my second skin. We had a anti jacket rule. But it meant it should be on the big pile of jackets we had there. And to much personal stuff in that jacket man. So I refused. WEnt on and on for being my religion to wear that thing and the muslim can wear those scarfs and I'm a metalhead so I could wear my leather. SO i got kicked out. Cunts.

Shoot Gunner's picture

I wear it anytime im out of the house and not at work!

The only time I took it off was because a girl I really liked said I looked embarrassing... I still can't believe I did that for her. I felt like I was betraying myself :\ and she was the first one to talk shit about it. Over the past year I've got at least 100+ positive comments in public.

Necrocanibal666's picture

do it for the pussy

JoeCool6972's picture

No. Because mine is a leather jacket with sleeves and it gets hot!

Addergebroed's picture

Yeah, feel naked without my dear jacket

Push Pit Enforcer's picture

I wear mine 24/7. if its cold ill throw a hoodie on underneath and keep rolling. its like a second skin.

577,147 items in the gallery, 883,690 comments, and 655 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments