TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Do you play D&D?

Cthulhu1999
Fri, 22/04/2016 - 20:12

Do you play D&D, Pathfinder or Warhammer? Do you consider them "metal"? Have any stories?

grime81's picture

yes, amateur house rules, but i really love rpgs and video games, diablo, fallout...
i think its metal depending how you play, you can be brutal killing and sacrificial.... depends on imagination. ;D
i think warhammer or like workshop games miniatures are pretty fucking metal

Cthulhu1999's picture

Warhammer is so metal, I think the most metal thing in it is
chaos

grime81's picture

i always was "attracted" to the slaaneshi haha

Cthulhu1999's picture

Orks are also metal.

Der Todesking's picture

Only know some Warhammer artworks, but they surely are metal as hell!

DeathInFire's picture

yeah me and a few guys meet up once a month for a few hours and play through the story. im super into power metal so thats my medieval/ folkish side coming out

Atomic_Assault's picture

Played Warhammer for years before the prices got too high. Only need to look at Bolt Thrower to know it's metal as fukk.

Nater90's picture

^Dis.

Nater90's picture

Not a RPG so to speak but I used to enjoy Magic The Gathering...

Wouldn't mind playing again.

grime81's picture

i was a MTG player for quite some time, loved the art, my fav deck was a mono black zombie tribal

Nater90's picture

Me to, Planning to buy the latest artwork book, Looks fantastic.

I liked Zombies, Drakes, and many more, Just a really sweet game to make all different combos.

Chainbreaker's picture

Yeah, Mtg rules! Stopped playing for about 10 years, because in the end, basically it got to a point with me and my friends that whoever spent the most money, won every game and it got boring and lame. Then couple years back I discovered EDH and it got me again addicted as hell! Commander is awesome!

Nater90's picture

True that, That sucks! I've seen some cards go for crazy amounts...I've got a PC game of it where you learn the basic game then play advanced game without help, After a while I tended to play that because my mates got out of it, Plus I moved and nobody else liked it that I hung with...

Tshirtslayer tournament!!! haha.

Chainbreaker's picture

It's on! ;-) In America there actually is an online version of Mtg, unfortunately not in Europe or Australia.:-(

Nater90's picture

WOO!

You can get it on Steam, I've looked into it.

Chainbreaker's picture

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, wtf is Steam?;-)

Nater90's picture

I'd never call you an idiot :)

http://store.steampowered.com/

Steam is a program you install onto your PC for certain games to work / update, keep stats, You can even update your graphics card drivers through it! And you can go on the online store and download free games, and purchase games also.

Chainbreaker's picture

If only I owned a PC.:-( But thanks for the explanation! Years back I heard about a Magic Movie being made. They had a writer from Game Of Thrones on it and everything. Wonder what happened!

Nater90's picture

How are you posting? haha, Tablet or?

"The 2010 Disney movie The Sorcerer's Apprentice had a Magic tie-in. [4] One of the characters in the movie is Drake Stone, played by Toby Kebbell, who is sponsored by Wizards of the Coast. He's such a celebrity that in the movie he even appears on cards. Instead of just mocking up regular cards, Magic R&D was called upon to make new cards for Drake Stone's appearance. They even made him a Planeswalker. "

"A Magic: The Gathering movie franchise was announced on January 14, 2014. [7] [8]

Twentieth Century Fox and Hasbro joined forces to make a series of films based upon Magic: The Gathering. Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past), whose Genre Films banner is based on the Fox Lot, will serve as the franchise’s creative steward and produce in close partnership with Hasbro.

Execs Kira Goldberg and Ryan Jones were instrumental in the acquisition and will shepherd the films for Fox. Daniel Persitz will oversee for Hasbro. Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner and Stephen Davis and Wizards of the Coast president Greg Leeds will act in production capacities.
First movie

Aditya Sood and Josh Feldman, Kinberg's key execs at his Genre Films production shingle, will act as executive producers on the first movie.

Bryan Cogman, a producer, story editor and writer on the HBO drama Games of Thrones, has been been brought in to perform a rewrite based on Kinsberg's screenplay for the first movie. [10]

WotC has put together a team of four people to interface with the people making the movie to help ensure that it stays true to the Magic brand. Mark Rosewater and Doug Beyer are part of the team, and they are very much actively engaged with the project."

Sourced; http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Magic:_The_Gathering_%28movies%29

Chainbreaker's picture

Yeah, but that info is from years back. Where's the movie?;-)
I use the PC at work ( hopefully no one from work is reading this;-)) and my phone.

Chainbreaker's picture

Yeah, but that info is from years back. Where's the movie?;-)
I use the PC at work ( hopefully no one from work is reading this;-)) and my phone.

Nater90's picture

No movie haha, Just short shit attempts.

Ah cool! I do at work on my lunch breaks, If freight wasn't a killer I'd send you one...I have a few laying around....Dad used to run a PC business.

Chainbreaker's picture

Hehe, that's cool! You really are a nice guy! Speaking of work, let's see if I can get some done;-) C u round!

Nater90's picture

Haha, Enjoy mate! Have a great day!

Chainbreaker's picture

You too!

Nater90's picture

toxik's picture

I have a 40K Chaos Marine / Demon Army thats around 15,000 / 20,000 points,
also a tiny Tyranid and a little Space marine Army
but like said before prices got too high so i stopped buying models

kereealazer's picture

Used to play D&D growing up with my bro. I tried playing with one group in California but I think we only met 3 times before being done. Don't know if it is Metal or not but is so much fun.

meaningless's picture

i just play online-games from time to time..., atm Black Desert Online ;)

Necro Rican's picture

Never been into those card games with the exception of Yugioh Trading Card Game, which I used to play a lot when I was between 5th and 7th grade.

Necro Rican's picture

*i mean board games

Vombatus's picture

Use to play Warhammer back around the 6th & 7th edition, had some pretty big chaos and elves armies. Stop a few years back but some day I'd like to go back.
I'll always associate it with metal coz I pretty much started collecting at the same time I started listening heavy music. I remember the local GW use to have play hard rock/heavy metal in the store (but no Bolt Thrower heheh).

Panthorder's picture

I don´t play boardgames, i collect, listen etc Heavy metal is my lifestyle ;)

Claudandus's picture

No but I do play some Magic: the Gathering and console RPG's.

Oby1916's picture

i play mtg

Vectrex's picture

I would love to play D&D. But unless other geeks i'am not very social...and playing D&D means you need to have friends or at least people who are willingly visit you... I don't go to others so, seems like a one way. But i do collected warhammer miniatures in the past. Got to expensive for me.

571,280 items in the gallery, 881,445 comments, and 553 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments