TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

DARK ANGEL are BACK!

Speed or Bleed
Tue, 25/06/2013 - 19:49

Really great News! Original post from Don Doty on Sunday

"Just wanted to say thanks to all that left comments. I got to play with some old friends and went through a set. Damn it felt goooood. Shit I'm up for some shows. Lets do this... someone call Jim,Gene,Eric,Mike might be on-board already. YOU HAVE AWOKE THE DARK ANGEL
Hide the woman and children first."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18lPKkOaU40

NoneFuckingHeavier's picture

whhaaatttt???? a dream comes TRUE!!!! gotta let thos rest a second - unFUCKingbelieveable!!!

Lars248's picture

DUDE! Are there shows planned already?

nightslasher26's picture

Can you put up a link?Its just hard to believe without some proof....

gloriousdeath's picture

Fucking Hell; that's.... beyond words !!!!

kertalaaki's picture

FUCKING YES!! Is it really true? I want to see evidence before getting too excited!!

thrashing_death's picture

Where did he comment that?
It would be fucking amazing if they got back together.

Speed or Bleed's picture

ive got it of a good friend of mine: Kümmel 40year old Thrasher from Ruhrpott area, i trust him of course he wouldnt joking,never when its getting about Thrash things. it was originally posted on don dotys fb site, i didnt have him as a "friend", so i cant see the posts he is writing, but as i said i believe its true, and anyway send him a request and im sure the next days i get a picture and the word spreads anyways, will post it instantly here to by pass the time til i got a picture you can watch his kutte and be mindblowed https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/26389_11006426903... https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/26389_11006428236... https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230660_2006957566... https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/227055_2006957666...

Stiopa's picture

Maaan, what a jacket...

Literally mindblow.

essence of thrash metal - not one piece i would change- today my mind got hit by a lot of outstanding metal treasures - thx tshirtslayer!!!! damm, i need to quit my job and get more time for historic research,ha,ha

essence of thrash metal - not one piece i would change- today my mind got hit by a lot of outstanding metal treasures - thx tshirtslayer!!!! damm, i need to quit my job and get more time for historic research,ha,ha

Rotten's picture

Insane vest!!!

J.j. Ratte's picture

Awesome news!

whiteravenmetal's picture

great fucking news!!

metal_thrashing_dad's picture

Let's cross our fingers and pray to the Metal Gods!!!

BeefCakeAssThrash's picture

I think I'm gonna cry..

albatros's picture

dark angel never rip gene hoglan once wrote

NISSE666's picture

Holy fucking fuck! This is EPIC news!!!! And with Don Doty!!!
I only got to see them once 25 years ago and i have always hoped to see them again!!!

g.dresche's picture

if this is going to happen i might simply shit my pants

Rotten's picture

I've even saying for years that with all these reunions taking place, I've wanted 2 bands to reform more than anyone else - Coroner already have - the other is Dark Angel. This is some of the best news I've heard in a loooong time \m/

DamageIncDEB's picture

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrkKnight's picture

I'm friends with Don on FB and he did indeed post this. I'll believe it when I see it, but I saw them with Possessed in '87 so at least I got to see them.

Speed or Bleed's picture

Yeah! I aint no bullshitting!

Jimmh's picture

Pics or it didn't happen!

Speed or Bleed's picture

Fuck this. believe it or not, i am no News Agency only a Fan of the Band who want to spread the Great News

JUANTHRASH's picture

HOLY SHIT!!! AWESOME!!! I just got a boner XD DAAAAAAAARKNESS DESCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDS

For everyone asking for a picture. Here ya go:

http://i.imgur.com/DgQnM2v.jpg

Jimmh's picture

Oh yes!

Demolition_hell_hammer's picture

Awwwww Yeaahhh!!!

J.j. Ratte's picture

In 2009 I had some mailcontact with Gene Hoglan and asked him if it was possible that Dark Angel would be reunite once. He said "I don't know yet, but it would be awesome''. I mailed him back and told him that if they ever reunite, DO IT WITH DON DOTTY! and not with Ron (Ron is a great singer, but Don is The Don!) Maybe my mail helped haha :P! Gene also listened to some tracks of my band Paramite. He said that our song Tortured by the Beast sounds like their song Black Prophecies! Well duh, since Dark Angel was one of our biggest inspirations back that! He litterly said "Do I hear some Black Prophecies in your song?" My week was good after he told me this :D!

Speed or Bleed's picture

nice story!

DamageIncDEB's picture

That's awesome man!!! I was able to meet him outside the venue of the Orlando Death To All Show. And remember, he was destroying it on the kit 90% of the show because Richard Christy really hurt his leg sometime before. So he was able to soldier on for a but which was really cool. But you'd think he'd be really energetic and/our tired after the gig. But Gene was chillest guy I've ever met, and you could tell he didn't smoke or drop anything 2 minutes before either. And he even took the time to take pictures and sign everybody's stuff which bring a packed house, you know that took a long while! Still the coolest and chillest guy I've ever met in my lIfe, whether it be a famous musician like him or just a normal guy

madjake208's picture

Hell Yeah! I met him once also. I didn't even know he was playing on tour with Fear Factory, when all of a sudden Gene walked right past me. He took the time to chat with me, I couldn't believe it, I was talking to the Atomic Clock himself! It was truly a great memory to meet one of my drummer idols.

Croby's picture

it was about fucking time!!!

To follow up on this, Don Doty just posted this on Facebook.

"DARK ANGEL REUNION IS ANYBODY UP FOR THIS if I get enough posts it will happen possible at your venue..I want to know where you would want me to play at. OK I'm listening."

April 26th, 2014

Dark Angel will be performing at Keep it True Festival!

powermetaller's picture

How did you know that already?
As far as I know it was just announced....
But, I don't care where you know it from, I have my ticket and am happy!

Don Doty posted in on Facebook.
Jim is the only one so far that's sitting out the reunion due to prior commitments.

joecubbie's picture

UNITED CENTER HERE IN CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joecubbie's picture

PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MetalWarrior's picture

YES they play next year at the Keep it True Festival and will be there :) !!

lole66's picture

the same !!!!!!

Speed or Bleed's picture

Man this is freaking awesome! im lucky enough that i buy always my ticket for the next year at the festival, like i sayed its the best fucking metal festival on earh, no doubt. during the show i will loose my head im sure

578,151 items in the gallery, 883,956 comments, and 665 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments