TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > All other metal related talk..

Chris and Shawn leave Megadeth?!?!

maidenfan620
Thu, 27/11/2014 - 01:12

I saw this yesterday and freaked out. Megadeth is by far my favorite thrash band, and even though things haven't been thrashy lately, I still love them. I thought this line-up would be the one to go on until the end of Megadeth, but I guess not. What the hell? Especially since Dave stated that they planned to start recording for the new record soon. Both Chris and Shawn say it is to pursue their own careers and because of musical differences, so either Dave did something really dick-ish or the next album already sucks worse than Supercollider. Thoughts?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/chris_broderick_q...

joecubbie's picture

I'll tell you right now what happened and if I'm right about this, you can call me Chuck Norris from now on...this whole thing was arranged. Chris and Shawn will most likely come back in a few years and here's why...next year is the 25th anniversary of Rust in Peace. Most likely, Live Nation, AEG, or some big name concert production company called up Dave Mustaine and Dave Ellfeson and said "Listen, next year is the 25th anniversary of Rust in Peace. We've been doing business with you guys for practically that long. We've gone through our ups and downs. But recently, concert attendance has been down (insert percentage number here). When you guys played Madison Square Garden this past year, you pulled in a little over 6,000 and the Garden holds 20,000. Allstate Arena in Chicago? 3,000 out of 18,000. So what do we do? Next year, you guys tour with Marty Friedman and Nick Menza, play Rust in its entirety, and fill every arena and amphitheater in the USA. Of course to make sure you do this, we'll have you co-headline with some other big name like Motorhead, Alice Cooper, Testament, Anthrax, Rob Zombie, etc. So what do you say Daves?" Dave (Mustaine and Ellefson): "How much money are we looking at?" Concert Company: "...how about $250,000 a show for a start?" Daves: "You got a deal!"

alla2465's picture

How stupid can someone be? This guy clearly knows nothing about Megadeth's history. The Rust in Peace lineup will never happen again, so stop taking abiut your wet dreams, Rust in Peace fanboys. Megadeth (as far as know) is not gonna do something big for the Rust in peace 25th anni, why? Well, next year it is also KIMB's 30th anni,and I asked Dave, if they were gonna do something, for the KIMB's 30th anni, and he told me they would do something. And second, even IF the are gonna do something for the RIP's 25th anni, it wont be a tour with Nick and Marty. If you have read Dave's book, or just some interviews, you wiould know exactly why.
Dave Mustaine actually once tried to bring back the RIP lineup for a tour, Marty didn't want to do it, but Nick did, but after a while Dave got tired of Nick, and he couldn't take him anymore, so before the tour even started, he got fired from Megadeth, again. Dave Mustaine and Nick Menza don't get along, and Dave Mustaine and Marty Friedman don't get along musically. And that is why the RIP lineup will NEVER happen again. Dave Mustaine has even said, that doing the RIP lineup again, would be like "putting a rotten tooth back in your mouth" so Dave doesn't want to do it, Nick is certainly not going to do it, and Marty won't do it. If you knew just a bit about Megadeth's history you would know this. So RIP fanboys, Please keep your stupid wet dreams to yourselves, because it aint happening

joecubbie's picture

You say that now. But it seems today or at least the last 20 years that if the price is right, these guys will take it. Remember KISS? The classic lineup was never supposed to play together again and they did for 5 years. On top of that, they did a "Comeback Tour" a year after their "Farewell Tour". How about Refused? They broke up (if I'm correct) before I was born (1998?) and said they would never reunite because it was for "sellouts" and what not. Well guess what? They toured in 2012 and have plans to tour next year as well as drop another record AFTER the fact that after the 2012 thing they said they were "finished"...again. The guys in Velvet Revolver hate Scott Weiland for being a junkie but they still did some one-offs after they split. You see? Now come on. If you were Dave Mustaine and was offered $250,000 a show to play with these guys for 2 hours AND you would have separate buses, hotel rooms, dressing rooms, etc., wouldn't you take that deal?

joecubbie's picture

And also, aren't there some songs off of KIMB Dave won't play due to his beliefs?

alla2465's picture

Erm.. it seems like you COMPLETELY ignored all the facts I just wrote.. Better luck next time, you can't prove me wrong, you are just strawmanning me now! Haha, thanks for the laugh. I'm done wasting my time on ignorant kids like you... Not wort the effort, but hey, in the future you will see that I am right.
And what you wrote in response didn't make ANY sense, Marty will refuse to join Megadeth no matter what, if you knew just a bit about why he left you will know why, and Dave would not let Nick back, he had 2 go's, and Dave won't give him a 3rd, He is a millionaire, so he could care less about the money. Now instead of trying to come with arguments that don't disporve a single thing I have said, why don't you start disproving my claims? Well, you can't!
I'm fucking done kid...

nwobhmbanger's picture

Who cares? Megadeth has been mediocre since the last two decades. They released some good albums more than five years ago, but they don't hold a candle to any of their first four albums. They dropped the ball with their last two albums.

The up-and-coming project that comprises three of the former Megadeth members sounds a lot more promising than hearing another shitty Megadeth album.

maidenfan620's picture

What project has former Megadeth members???

nwobhmbanger's picture

Check it out here.

judascrust's picture

joecubbie could very well be right but since these guys are claiming "artistic/musical differences" - megadeth has always been dave mustaine and that's it. doesn't matter who's in that band, or how many people connect with certain musicians in that group. they've had a few stable lineups over the years but when you get down to it, you don't join megadeth to express yourself as an artist, you join the same way any other asshole applies for a job - you have a skill, you want to get paid for it, you convince your hope-to-be employer you're the right man for the job. you look the way dave wants you to look and you play what dave tells you to play. the guy knows he's talented and isn't shy about putting others down to prove it, maybe that makes him an asshole, and he's been through hell and back with his drug addiction, that probably doesn't make him any gentler a personality so I wouldn't blame any musician playing for megadeth for feeling restricted artistically and wanting to leave to pursue their own interests.

joecubbie's picture

This has been true from the beginning. Dave created Megadeth himself for revenge on Metallica. It's not like he sat down with 3 other guys and said "Let's form the greatest metal band ever." He said "Ok, your job is to play faster, heavier, and better than Metallica."

alla2465's picture

That was THE BEGINNING it'snot like that anymore, at all, it hasn't been like that for the majority of Megadeths time, do some more research next time :)

nightslasher26's picture

So people really listen to Megadeth these days?
I got sick of Mustaines political and religion preachings and his new radio rock albums.Super collider?Srsly?My 12 year old sister likes that shit more then one direction's new hits :).

whiteravenmetal's picture

+1 that band died for me a long time ago

ThrashMetal1983's picture

Everyone is arguing over Megadeth and I'm over here like....where's the new Metallica album? Hahaha

sprewell's picture

Is everyone aware that Megadeth played all of RIP in 2010 for its 20th anniversary?

568,592 items in the gallery, 881,079 comments, and 550 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments