TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Social - Meetups / Gigs etc

Chicago Open Air

joecubbie
Mon, 08/02/2016 - 15:50

Despite the convincing name, it looks like this is gonna be another shitty radio rock fest with Slipknot, Disturbed, and Five Fingers Up My Ass Punch. HOWEVER, it just so turns out this fest will feature Rammstein playing an exclusive American show! Sadly I'll be out of town for this once in a lifetime experience, but I just thought I'd let anyone know who's interested.

Date: 
Friday, July 15, 2016
United States
Who is going?
No one yet, ;'( Be the first!
Are you attending?

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

Hua not my kind of festival i stay away :)!

joecubbie's picture

Same lol. If it wasn't for Rammstein I couldn't give a rat's ass about this thing.

VoiceOfTheSoul's picture

Sounds like the same type of shitfest that runs here every year - Rockfest. This year Ghost is playing along with a bunch of has-been nu-metal crap.

joecubbie's picture

Lol just took a look at that lineup.I can't believe people still listen to Disturbed, Seether, and Sevendust (or that they ever did in the first place). Personally I fucking hate Ghost so they're just as good as the nu metal bands in my book. It's frightening how much Hellyeah and Sixx:A.M. have in common. Both bands feature metal gods (Vinnie Paul and Nikki Sixx respectively) playing godawful shit! The only band on the whole lineup worth seeing is Jackyl. Puh pow! Hahahahaha they should be headlining and make this blowout worthwhile.

frankie530's picture

The lineup is not revealed, how do you know?

joecubbie's picture

The Facebook page has already announced Rammstein and judging from the 2 other radio rock fests going on that weekend up in Wisconsin, the names listed above will also be on the lineup as well as Alice in Chains and Marilyn Manson.

gloriousdeath's picture

no Macabre ??? No Usurper ?? Or Cianide ?? Damn, so many great bands around the corner... and none on the line-up... stupid...

joecubbie's picture

Oh there will be local bands I'm sure...but probably more along the lines of SOiL, Dope, and (gasp) the reunited Mudvayne! Hahahahaha.

Nater90's picture

Mudvayne will never happen ever again, Chad's already came out and said they need to all work their shit out which will never happen.

ZooksMetal's picture

On that exact date Bulldozer will be playing at Reggie's for the Metal Threat Fest, I think I would rather be there \m/.

joecubbie's picture

Yeah if I wasn't going to be out of town that weekend I would be at Metal Threat except maybe the night Rammstein was headlining this blowout. For how expensive the tickets are though and the fact that I despise the redneck rock crowd, I'd probably just wait till next year to see Rammstein doing their own show.

ZooksMetal's picture

Rammstein is one of the few non-Thrash, non-Speed, non-Death, or non-Heavy Metal bands I like. I would love to see them live even though the crowd would definitely piss me off. I am going to Slayer next Friday and already anticipating massive poser jerks that will think they are tough.

joecubbie's picture

Hahahaha I'm going next Saturday!! Yeah I know what you mean about that crowd. Check out my review of the Lamb of God/Anthrax show from a couple weeks ago lol: http://tshirtslayer.com/actionshot/lamb-god-and-anthrax. Luckily I saw Rammstein when they last came to town 4 years ago and it was amazing to say the least. They truly are the greatest show on earth.

ZooksMetal's picture

Haha that was a good description. I was thinking about going there but I was afraid Anthrax would play newer stuff from their less Thrashing albums like I heard they do these days. I am not much of a fan of Lamb Of God so I just passed on it. I stay out of pits because I am 35 years old and I go with my Finacee and I will kill someone that hurts her, so we just stay out. At Exodus and King Diamond the pit was not real big so that was a plus. I am now considering going to Cannibal Corpse and Obituary later this month.

joecubbie's picture

Lol I don't know where you were standing but the only pit there was for King Diamond and Exodus (at least where I was) was during "The Toxic Waltz" and "Strike of the Beast". Everyone stood still for King. I'll most likely be at Cannibal Corpse and Obituary. Lol the CC show last year at House of Blues was brutal.

ZooksMetal's picture

The "pit" should I actually say was just galloping in circles actually. Must be a new school thing. It only was going on for Exodus and yes for the King no one was moving around. I loved the set up there, the lit up upside down crosses and the pentegram. I also picked up my Exodus 30 years of blood shirt there, which reminds me that I need to post that soon.

hammerofth0r's picture

I saw that show in Atlanta, and it was moving like hell for Exodus (including a Wall of Death during "Strike of the Beast"). The crowd surprised me, though, when they started moshing when King played "Evil" and then kept it going for the rest of the Abigail set.

Morguelord's picture

How about go to a real death metal show in Chicago two weeks later?

https://www.facebook.com/chicagodominationfest/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

ZooksMetal's picture

I can't say I am familiar with any of those bands. My CD collection is over 90% OSDM so the late 90s and later released bands I am vaguely familiar with.

Morguelord's picture

Deteriorot is pretty OSDM, but that's about it, we are definitely geared more towards BDM. Hopefully next year we will have a wider mix to get some of the old school crowd involved.

ZooksMetal's picture

That would be sweet

joecubbie's picture

Earlier* lol. I'm hoping to make it for at least one day but it depends how strict the venue is about the age limit. Like if I could get in with my dad that would be great.

Morguelord's picture

No, I'm pretty sure the 29th is later than the 15th....and hopefully they will, your best bet is to call the venue.

joecubbie's picture

June 29th. This is July 15, 16 and 17.

Morguelord's picture

CDF is in July. July 29th and 30th. Trust me, I know, it's my birthday.

joecubbie's picture

Oh wtf I thought it was in June for the past month! Lol thanks man!!!

Morguelord's picture

No worries buddy, hope you can make it!!

568,592 items in the gallery, 881,079 comments, and 550 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments