TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

Cheap Stage Gear (DIY)

TheKvltIsAlive
Fri, 29/01/2016 - 05:52

So I'm into the idea of having spike gauntlets, but holy titties are they expensive. Any tips/tutorials on how to make them? Also, if you find cheap stage gear, drop me a link.

Thanks! |m|

Nater90's picture

True their pretty dicey, I've got one that I scored locally, Tried finding a matching one but cannot find exact same one, Thought about selling it then getting a set....

TheKvltIsAlive's picture

I'd buy it if it wasn't too expensive and if I liked the look of it

Nater90's picture

Well, If I was to sell it for what it owes me which is $50 + postage.

Might trade to..Not sure.

I'll upload a picture soon.

Kastelan's picture

Me and my friends used to buy old leather clothes, pants, jackets etc. from second-hand shops (thrift shops i guess) or go to people who repair shoes and buy leather from them. after you fet the material its pretty easy, you just measure your arms and cut the leather accordingly. the small buckles are purchesable in stores or through ebay, or salvageable from old belts (thin belts were a hit in one period). the spikes can just be bought in bulk, or you can use nails from hardware stores...

Misfits666's picture

Ive made a few before using 5in nails through leather and sewed another piece of leather on the inside to cover up the nail heads. To keep it in place i punched holes in the ends and ran a shoestring through them and tied it up. Idk if that made any sense or not but they were pretty much free for me to make.

THMManiac's picture

I once made a blackie lawless saw blade gauntlet out of a mcdonalds cup, and a sharpie. But i doubt you want something as cheesed as that. try searching for Bulk studs/spikes online. I dont know anything about working with leather, but you should be able to find the spikes at so many different places.

578,240 items in the gallery, 883,980 comments, and 667 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments