TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > All other metal related talk..

Charisma Calgary

CALGARYTHRASHER666
Sat, 19/02/2011 - 23:01

I'm a 17 year old thrasher who resides in Calgary, Alberta, Canada as you can see from my account name =P
I recently found a local family owned store called Charisma and I can truly say it is a Headbanger's Heaven. The only reason I am telling you guys this is to help their business since it is just a small local store. If you ever come through Calgary, or if you do live in Calgary, you MUST check it out.
Now, about the store... Sure, it does have it's shitty faggot Juggalo merch and Slipknot shirts and BFMV, BMTH, and all that crap but there is barely any poser stuff if you compare it to the real metal merch they have there. If you can get past the fact they sell poser crap, you can really see how awesome it is. The place is packed, and I mean PACKED with band shirts from possibly over 1500+ different bands. There are thousands of shirts from thousands of different bands in the floor area ALONE. From what I have been told, there are millions more in the basement, but the only bummer is that ONLY the staff is allowed down there, but there is good news. The elderly Indian couple that owns the place will be FAR MUCH MORE than happy to help you if you can't find the shirt you are looking for, they defenitly know their shit when it comes to band names. I believe their names are Simon and Mary. Anyways, sometimes the band shirt you want will be on the upper floor area, sometimes it will be in the basement. Either way, you will still walk out the the store with the band shirt you want. Basically they sell all kinds of merch for all kinds of metal bands. Shirts, hats, belts, patches, pins, belt buckles, wristbands, lighters, etc. and they even sell metal accessories such as bullet belts, studded wrist bands, and shit like that. They also sell bongs and pipes and various things to smoke weed with too which is awesome! =D All their shit comes in from Europe, so you can find hard to find shirts there too! Even for bands that are so fucking deep underground that barely anyone knows them. It is defenitly is a pretty cool metalhead hangout area too cause you can meet other metalheads there and strike up a conversation with them. I got my Warbringer, Toxic Holocaust, Municipal Waste, DRI, and Sodom shirts there and they kick ass! \m/

To conclude, if you ever drop by Calgary, you MUST go there! It will defenitly be worth the time! Here's the link if you want the address and such.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchB...

Bayernpirat's picture

a little bit expensive, but when I come to Calgary - I buy there a souvenir

whiteravenmetal's picture

sounds like fucking heaven!! Is cool to work in a place like that and hear Metal all the fucking day, and get pay for that!!

CALGARYTHRASHER666's picture

Fuck yeah! I wish they were hiring. If they would be hiring right now, I'd send in a thousand applications and quit my shitty job, haha.

lak89's picture

My brother might be going to Canada this year for college, I'll ask him to drop by :). In the meantime, there isn't a website is there?

lak89's picture

nvm I found it haha.

Tell him that it is MANDATORY to drop by. This place is just too good to miss it. He has got to check it out.

lak89's picture

Definitely! He isn't a metalhead though, but if there's something I'd like him to help me look for, I'll make him drop by.

Phosphorous_Redeemer's picture

they should sell on ebay or something

The do have an online ordering catalog, but only for a select few items. All the good stuff, you have to go in-store to get them.

ManOboy's picture

yea i worked there. the people who own it are very good friends with my family. but i go in there so often theres never usually anything that peaks my interest. plus everything is so expencive. theres another metal/punk store called tropicana, its more of a punks heaven :P

sfusyron's picture

Looking through their website a Nile hoodie for 70.00 dollars that's crazy..

ManOboy's picture

yeassir that charisma for ye. i remember going to see eoxdus live, they had a zip up hoodie that had exabition a cover art on the back, and it said exodus across the chest on the front, and i bought it for 40 bucks there. went to charisma 2 months later they had the same hoodie for 70-80 bucks.

Strike_of the_Beast's picture

Just saw this place online. Some good stuff no doubt, but even with the exchange rate to the US them prices is out-fuckin-landish ! Them 2 ol' goats damn sure like their money !! Hey plus don't they know Metal people are usually Broke people ?? Ha ha SMH....

cambotero's picture

They got some great shirts, but those are canadian or US dollars?

568,592 items in the gallery, 881,079 comments, and 550 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments