TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

A change of bandname after legal rights...

archive
Wed, 26/11/2014 - 19:03

Latest review which i have done for the label Moonspell Rites Promotions also delivered some support to this band from the UK,after being forced changing their bandname after their full length debut in 2014.The reason why?The so claimed Greek cult force 'Horrified' carrying the same name,and possibly decided to continue under the same banner as back in the early nineties.Now!I ask you! Does it make a difference if more bands with the same name walking around in the Metalscene while we have large sources like Metal Archives etc.and figure out who is who...i mean,with this young band on the edge of a breakthrough ...It is a tough competition in the musicworld,and seems eventhrough carrying the same bandnames i hear some pennies ring...

http://revptii.blogspot.nl/2014/03/coming-soon.html

PForx's picture

I'm generally against copyright and "intellectual property", so I think it's complete bullshit. They could have chosen a more original band name though.

DevilzForce's picture

no, they should have done their homework !! any moron with a computer can figure out if a bandname is taken by using metal archives or the metaltracker wich holds all known bandnames with copyright and/or legal papers associated to them..... it's not difficult to ''google that shit'' you know...

568,383 items in the gallery, 881,020 comments, and 554 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments