TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Books & Summoning

ReskP
Tue, 29/07/2014 - 13:53

Hey folks !
I was wondering, what Protector and Silenius think of the LOTR films ? I assume this question had been asked to them a lot, but I haven't found it in the interviews I read.
And, has anyone ever read the "Malazan book of the Fallen" ? Or any others heroic fantasy books (Tolkien, Gemmell, Salvatore...)
I'm curious about your readings !

Faber's picture

Malazan book of the Fallen is great. Only red it till the third part some years ago. After that the dutch publicer dicided to stop the translating. Need to start over in English, Beste books I've ever red. I'm reading lots of oldschool 2nd hand SF and SF/Fantasy pockets. Great and light reading material.

Atm I'm reading Hyperion from Dan Simmons. SF with some Fantasy and History elements, but really marvoules. You'll appriciate it, I'm sure about that! Got some lists with High Fantasy writers, but due to the large amount of Sociology articles I had to read, I red the past 1,5 years less books than I want.

ReskP's picture

Same in France, they have only translated up to the 3rd book, and I tried to read them in english, but my level isn't good enough..
Thanks for the advice, I will check this out :D
Okay, I'm trying to read as much as I can before school starts again !

judascrust's picture

I've been meaning to look into the Malazan... books, I just started listening to Caladan Brood and learned those books are where they get their lyrical inspiration from, as opposed to Tolkien with Summoning. I admit I'm intimidated by fantasy novels like that because while I've read LOTR and loved it, I saw the movies before the books so I kinda had those to lean on if I had trouble picturing something.

ReskP's picture

Yup, Caladan Brood got me into thoses books. Same probleme here haha, I can't really imagine sceanery, character's face etc, but If the book is really good, I can't stop reading it !
I have read The Hobbit (before it was made into films) and The Children of Húrin (an edition with drawings from Alan Lee), and it was fine ! Tolkien provides so many details, you almost drown in it haha..

judascrust's picture

I never had trouble with scenery or characters but stuff like building structures and some geographical terms I have to go look up stuff and find out what it means lol, another problem with fantasy is that there's a lot of made up names for people, places, and other things and I have trouble keeping track of whats what haha but since I saw LOTR before I started reading it made it a little easier to figure it out....makes me feel like such a dumbass though cuz obviously people read that stuff way before the movies and they didn't need help figuring it out and picturing things hahaha I like to picture things differently than what they look like in the movies though

578,489 items in the gallery, 884,108 comments, and 674 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• Awesome. 🤘
  • All right, then the trip was probably worthwhile for you in more ways than one.
  • Classic stuff!
  • I was in Japan for the fest. Most of everything sold out as literally everyone was buying merch and every piece of it.
  • Not bad! Did they have them in the NWN! store?
  • And that alone explains this patch. But I think the other version of Rapture Textiles is better.
  • A very horny patch hahaha
  • Love this!
  • nice to see the long and short versions compared in this post. thanks for taking the time.
  • All good ! \m\
  • Nope sorry this one is going on my vest 🗿
  • What’s the story with this? It’s funny !!!
  • Heck yeah I love this guy!! Where'd you get this from?
  • Sick
  • Dang wi$h I could rn. Deteriorot rule$$$
  • LEGANDARY! only have a TS sadly