TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Battle Jacket Rules

DeathMetalCraze
Wed, 04/12/2013 - 22:45

I went to go see Testament w/ Overkill and Flotsam & Jetsam and after the show there was a metalhead yelling out "fuck posers" and i joined in except when i did he thought i was calling him a poser so he then goes and insults my battle jacket pointing out and yelling "ebay, ebay, ebay!" All of my patches on my vest are from shows!" Not all my patches are from ebay, some are from shows, some are from stores, some are gifts. anyways the question i want to ask is, are there unwritten rules about making a battle jacket? I always had the impression that it doesn't matter where you get your patches from so long as you love and listen to the bands and albums you choose to represent on your jacket. Also there are certain bands that don't perform live like Burzum but I still see metalheads at shows with the patches. Whats your opinion?

almostwilt's picture

Elitist cunt. Doesn't matter what you have on your vest. Whether you don't have the vinyls or any physical albums or not it's just important you actually listen to the bands on your vest.

gizter's picture

+1

but the question is, why would you join in calling people posers?

DeathMetalCraze's picture

We weren't calling anyone a poser, we were saying fuck posers in general.

bls-georg-pantera's picture

Yeah well, fuck posers indeed... but keep it mind you sound like a constipated 14 year old kid and look like a jackass by is doing that shit...
(won't deny i used to do the same when i was 14 hahaha)

meaningless's picture

hahahahaaha ;)

Freyjawulf's picture

I'd disagree with that slightly; I think it is important to own a physical release before you buy the patch of a band, same as with a shirt. The only exception is when it is ridiculously difficult/expensive to obtain.

meaningless's picture

i agree with the point: u should own a record at least..before buying patches..but the other guy cant know if he have the full collection of Band X or Y at home...or not.

Corrosive's picture

+1 lady

But what if the record is extremely hard to get? For example Malevolent Creation's Retribution album is very hard to find. I see on ebay people bid on it for a high price. Thats one of my all time favorite albums. i have it downloaded and listen to it often and have a patch of it. why should it matter so long as you listen to it.

almostwilt's picture

Makes you more "true" to own the record most think. Doubt they have all the albums for the patches they have, if so impressive.

gizter's picture

i have a patch from Part 1, don't own any of their music, soon they should be doing re-releases. until then there was a 7'' of them on discogs for around 375 euro. who the hell pays that for a 7''.

there are also some other bands (patches) that i still need to get an album(s) from. havn't got around to doing that yet. all of those are most likely only availible secondhand anyway. so won't really be supporting the band any more than downloading does. but i still do prefer a real copy. but as long as you listen to the bands there is no problem to me.
but if you only get a patch form a band when you can get an album at the same place that i do think its stupid.

Freyjawulf's picture

Read my post properly, I already said "The only exception is when it is ridiculously difficult/expensive to obtain."

trenchraider's picture

agreed every patch on my vest i own a PHYSICAL copy (not a download) i think u have 2 be into the bands b4 affixing any kind of patch to ur battle vest otherwise the whole thing becomes pointless

Johnny-Eyeball's picture

This this this.

PinkPony's picture

some people are just dumb.

Plague's picture

What a fucktard!!! How would he know where ur patches are from? Stupid of him to assume. Hell, most ppl on here trade patches and THIS SITE is full of legit battle jacket wearers and metalheads. I agree with u and others that as long as u listen to the bands on ur kutte, then its legit! Besides, who can afford to buy all their patches at shows where they are more expensive...thats commercialized retail, something many metalheads would oppose anyway.

Thats exactly what i was thinking. I agree that commercialized retail shouldn't be apart of being a metalhead. For example, i ordered a black sabbath t shirt before seeing them and on the day I saw them, just for 1 tshirt at the merch booth was about $40-50. So does that make me a poser? I really can't stand elitist cunts.

Cannibal Lecter's picture

Who cares where you get the patch, if you like the band wear the patch, where you get it from doesn't matter. Support heavy metal music, fuck all who oppose.

Nater90's picture

The only rule is there are no rules! As long as you love your jacket that's all that matters! Its an each to their own thing.

JesusLovesCakeFart's picture

Shoulda been yelling "fuck elitists"
It's your vest, put whatever the hell YOU want on it, from wherever you want.
+0.02¢

Blüdrayne's picture

most of the patches on my jacket are hard to find in the first place.
shopping on ebay doesnt make them any less easy to find.
Generally I dont see why shopping for patches online makes you any less true.
Some bands dont have patches for sale at their shows, for example.

Knightwhosayni's picture

I second most of what precedes. Plus, if a certain album/band means a lot to you for whatever reason (your own history, tastes, mystical revelation or whatever) and that you want a patch of it, but that the band is now disbanded, or that this precise album was released years before you could attend a show, or that it was never sold to a show (which happens/ed a lot), how do you do? In my experience, the ostentatious "anti-posers" are the bigger posers, who're just desperate to artificially create a legitimity for themselves. You develop legitimity by being true to what you are and being serious about it, not by yelling childish slogans.

DevilzForce's picture

who cares about this in general?! drunk moron at show, insecure kid afraid he won't get accepted by metal society. open and shut case. JUST WEAR YOUR KUTTE AND SCREW RULES !

Claudandus's picture

I'd say the only rule is that the jacket should tell something about the wearer. Just be creative and try to focus as little as possible on norms and what other people would like you to have on it. Some people will always hate what you wear for whatever reason.

oldmate's picture

Claudandus is right 100%. Your jacket needs to be a reflection of who you are. Not what is cool or in style at the time.

meaningless's picture

i think..its just a trend atm @ebay vs. patches. Its to read in every forum..and every1 is talking about this situation atm. in 1-2years...the trend is gone..like all the others. And ppl give a fuck again..where u grabed ur patch :)

DevilzForce's picture

i still feel you should have punched him square in the face for that remark...

Knightwhosayni's picture

You got my vote.

i should have. This was the first time ever encountering an elitist, next time i run into another i'll do that lol

Blüdrayne's picture

Literally, this.
Answer to most "problems" in life.

Rotten's picture

You actually give a shit about what other people think? That's funny.

I see nothing wrong with asking people their views and opinions. im still going to do whatever I want to do regardless of someone's opinion.

Speed or Bleed's picture

fuck such threads

Or1g1nal_S1n's picture

I have question what is your opinon on some one who's battle jacket only has local bands?

I think its great. Its good to see more people supporting the local scene,

Nater90's picture

I'm all for supporting the local scene! But the local bands here I go to don't have patches...But I would if I could

Or1g1nal_S1n's picture

neither do mine I just buy shirts cut em and sew em but I got called a poser because I didnt have any big name bands.

gizter's picture

don't mind that. the same thing will probably happen if you only have big name bands anyway.. some people are just dicks, don't mind them.

i would love to have more patches from local bands. but like you said, there arn't that much bands that have them.

Blüdrayne's picture

The most "big name" band on my jacket is either Morbid Angel or Deicide.
You're probably just hanging out with people with shitty taste in metal circlejerking about how Lamb of God "rocks".

oldmate's picture

That guy sounds like a tosser "poser" himself. what ever happened to the metal brotherhood. who gives a shit where your patches are from. Really how does that matter. what matters is your at a gig, having fun, supporting a band.

all this "fuck posers" is rubbish. I dont think posers are fucking up metal, they will always come and go. In my day they were called tryhards.. metal will stay! its fucking idiots like your talking about that can turn other real metal heads away from gigs cause they cant be fucked putting up with that shota shit

Lef_Deppard's picture

For me there are no rules in general... everybody can have personal rules for his own Kutte what he thinks is important for him... but everybody who wants to lay his rules upon others is just a f**cking dickhead and wants to make himself or his Kutte better and more impartant than he/it is...
I've got some personal rules for myself... I have and will have only patches on my vest from bands I have seen live (except for the Bon Scott and Running Wild ones, because Running Wild is one of the most influencal bands for me that don't perform live anymore and I never made it to one of their shows)!! this may be important for me but doesn't make my Kutte more or less worth than another one, it's just mine...
every Kutte is a really unique and personal thing... therefore there can't be any rules... you just can like or dislike it... it's the same with music, just because I'm a Metalhead other music is not bad, I just don't like it...

Johnny-Eyeball's picture

The only "rule" to battle jackets is to actually listen to the bands you're displaying. Doesn't matter if you go to shows. Doesn't matter if you only download music or buy CDs/vinyls/tapes/gramophones.

None of that fucking matters. As long as you actually like and listen to the bands you're displaying, that is the ONLY thing that is at all relevant to your jacket. Anyone who tells you otherwise is an elitist pile of shit.

Shoot Gunner's picture

There are no rules. MOST of my patches are from eBay or custom made since I live in the middle of nowhere and going to gigs all the time is financially impossible for me at this point in time, not to mention my work schedule. I have several anime and other non metal patches on my jacket and anyone who tells me shit for it can fuck off.

An Overdose Of Mkultra's picture

Do as thou will shall be the whole of the law.
Some of mine are from shows, some from eBay and other sites, some from stores, some from trades, some from friends, and some are DIY. Who gives a fuck! As long as you LIKE the bands.

MaxPerv's picture

The idea of someone chanting "FUCK POSERS!" into thin air at a gig makes me feel quite embarrassed on their behalf. What are they trying to prove & who are they trying to impress?
If people did that here in Australia they'd be full on laughed at by everyone who saw their ridiculous attention-seeking display.
As for jackets: I agree - there are no rules... If eBay is your only choice to get a certain patch, then so what? Why should anyone deny themselves the chance to sew a certain patch onto their jacket if they love the band? Barely any bands actually sell the patches at shows anyway - only tshirts.
Loudmouth metal elitists are just as much 'posers' as anyone pretending to like metal, anyhow. They are posturing themselves to make sure that everyone knows how "cool" they are: isn't that posing?! ;)

doomtilldeath's picture

+1. I think these kind of people who call others posers are just insecure about themselves. They keep thinking "Am I metal enough?" And they believe that calling other people posers somehow makes them more "true". But most of them are just kids who are trying to fit in and hopefully they will grow up and realize there are other things in life.

Nater90's picture

Without eBay I couldn't have done my Morbid / Mayhem dedication because most the patches I wanted to use are bootlegs.

Sickening Gore's picture

I woulda just told him to suck my cawk

Nater90's picture

Who gives a rats ass what people think, I don't even care what people on here think of my jacket, I just show it because I'm proud of it and I love it myself.

No skin off my nose if somebody doesn't like it, We're all different and only human, As I say quite often here and in life "each to their own"

JoeCool6972's picture

Who gives a fuck? Yeah, I bought some of my patches on eBay, that is the cheapest place! And yes, I own or have owned everything I have or will have on the battle jacket. I could care less what some idiot thinks. It's about what I like. And it is well planned out, not just random.

571,117 items in the gallery, 881,557 comments, and 562 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments

• If its sold, take down the fucking listing!
  • https://metalmerchtshirts.com/product/peste-noire-la-sanie-des-siecles-t-shirt-black-metal-merch/?lang=de but you can
  • Ayesha Erotica, you might wanna NOT check that out😂. Just some goofy slutty electronic rap
  • Thanks, it's very dramatic with the combo of gold border and the inner runes! I wasn't sure which one to pi
  • Merci pour le commentaire, dommage qu'il soit si usé, mais la bordure bleue est encore belle.
  • Pls "un-block" me. I cannot send u messages in the shirt offer.
  • Merci mec, j'ai eu beaucoup de chance.
  • I bought the patch by Black Wings Distribution from Mexico.
  • I noticed your profile picture, the only trace I found of this patch.
  • Now that you mention it 😆😆😆
  • Damn
  • One of those gems that only released that one amazing album. Bless their hearts haha love it
  • 🔥😂
  • This is just so much fucking amaze it kills me.
  • What size is it?
  • You will get it one day, keep on searching!