TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

Batlle Jacket Cleaning Tips

HardNHeavyLeather
Mon, 25/05/2015 - 18:04

I've been thinking that it could be a good idea to create a forum in which we can talk about "how to clean your patched vest/jacket"!
I believe the most of us have this problem, and others don't mind cleaning it! It's a personal choice how someone wants his kutte!
So, here you can post ways, tips, tutorials e.t.c., about this theme, to help each other!
It would be awesome to share your ideas in this forum!
Thank you for your time!
Keep it heavy, keep it true! \m/
Johnny

HardNHeavyLeather's picture

This forum is about smells.. I created a new one for "cleaning tips" :)

quixotic's picture

Ways to clean your kutte: You don't!!!

If you really want to "clean" it I recommend you use something which is already on your Kutte (like piss or beer) and try to destroy all the other smells.

hahahaaha you're right, but some people want it clean :)

quixotic's picture

just go for a walk in the rain

ooookay

kimo's picture

Yes agreed. Just kill any other smells with alcohol. As long as your battle jacket smells like booze then you're good in my eyes.
But if that doesn't sit well with you, well maybe a One Direction jacket may be a better option for you.

Ha Ha, only hacking on you dude......none of my jackets have really got to that really rank stage so far so I haven't got any real advice for you. I've made custom leather patches for all my jackets so far so washing is not an option for me so I'd have to get them all Dry cleaned if it came to that.

Dry cleaning may cost a little more but that probably would be the softest and less damaging way to clean your battle jacket.

I thought about the option of dry cleaning, it seemed good to me except the cost.. So i'll give it a try one day!

PForx's picture

You don't! Just soak it in beer like DoctorDeath said. Let it hang out in the rain if it really bothers you. Washing is for softrockers!!!

I didn't created this forum for people who can "share" ways to make my vest more dirty, but how to clean it.. thanks man

PForx's picture

Throw it in the washing machine then, it it that hard?

I have some patches on it that the wash machine may destroy... and I have pins etc.. so it is trouble to take them out them put them again on it! The point of this forum was to discuss the ways that someone can clean his battle jacket... That's way I'm asking..
And I think this forum is quite funny for all of you right?

PForx's picture

So... don't wash it?

I will find a good way to clean my vest frequently and become more softrocker.. ;)

Because of the perspiration this "dirt" contains many bacteria... So it is for hygiend purpose, not for something else...

PForx's picture

They're not exactly dangerous bacteria though.

Okay, I understand from your first comment that you don't have something important to say in this post, you don't need to prove it anymore :)

DevilzForce's picture

so is being single cuz no girl will come near you ;)

PForx's picture

All the girls I hang with smell too, smartass ;)

DevilzForce's picture

My point exactly... I don't need smelly girls

PForx's picture

Yeah you obviously do

DevilzForce's picture

You go have fun in the jungle of pubes then... I'll stick to girls that take care of themselves ;)

PForx's picture

Yeah I will

hahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaha

Freyjawulf's picture

"Jungle of pubes" so you go for pre-pubescent girls then eh?

DevilzForce's picture

I'm married... I don't pick up girls at shows

gizter's picture

i love this whole discussion so much.

but really, you like em bald? or just trimmed? i am all for the bush.

ahahahahahaa I tryied to avoid reaching the discussion in this situation but I enjoy it too!

I don't have problem with short trimmed or bald pubed girls, I want them to smell like paradise! hahahahaha

Freyjawulf's picture

Paradise = pheremones. Different area I know, but I don't use deodorant ever and so many people tell me how fucking good I smell ahah, even after 2 days without shower.
Ya know pubeless girls (and pubeless guys!) are more susceptible to infection down there right? Forever bush worship.

PForx's picture

The only bad bush is George Bush!!

Bush is nah , trimmed pube is YAY... (i'm joking)
If someone loves his mate, he never cares about the cms of the others pubes!! ahahahahaha

gizter's picture

sweat tastes better than deodorant too..

1 day's sweat yes!!! 1 month's sweat noooo ahahahahaha

ZAKRAT's picture

Completely different subject, for u guys who dont use deadorant, do u use anything else? I dont use deodorant cause i dont like to have the chemicals and especially the aluminum on me plus i dont particularly like how it smells neither. I like to use alum instead which is a natural mineral stone kinda, just wash with water wet the stone a bit and rub it on ur pits or wherever :) is also really good when u shave cause it helps prevent shaving rash and if u cut yourself it stops the bleeding almost instantly, just a tip :)

Freyjawulf's picture

I use one of those mineral stones too! Have done for about 7 years now. Also usually put a couple of drops of patchouli oil under my arms too, smells so good when it combines with sweat

gizter's picture

''cleaning tips'' ;)

ZAKRAT's picture

Ah thats cool!!!
Alum is great, more people should use it, i found out about it cause my dad always had this stone laying around when i was a kid, so it kinda stuck.
Just cause we dont like deo and perfume and stuff doesnt mean we dont know a thing about smelling good hahaha :) tastes just differ and i think neutral smells better then chemical, im always thinking that people are trying to hide something when they use perfume and stuff.

DevilzForce's picture

Never said I don't like bush... Just not "safari bush" ;)

gizter's picture

you guys are killing me.

Everyboby's excpesing his own preference hahahaha

It's quite funny hahaha

It's like we're discussing about how do someone prefers spaghetti or pizza hahaha

Freyjawulf's picture

Well nah it isn't really, pasta isn't a societal issue whereas body hair tolerance kinda is. There's this pervading social attitude that a woman has to be hairless, which is very damaging.

yes, I know, but if the woman is hot like fire, then who's to care is the pubes are grown to the sky?? hahaha

Freyjawulf's picture

That safari bush looks pretty sparse to me :)

MasterDeath's picture

ahahhahaha

You are right about the girls, but the only way to become a hardrocker and a true metalhead is to stay as dirty as you can... hahahaha
What a stupid statement is this? Just because someone is a metalhead doesn't mean that he should smell like the farm with the pigs...
btw, I like clean girls....but some people prefer girls to look like Clayface (batman) from the smell and the dirt... ;)

DevilzForce's picture

I think it's just as retarded as the length of your hair determining how much "metal" you are.... I shave my head and I like to be clean.. Doesn't say shit about how "metal" I am haha

You're right!!! hahaha I have short hair and I am bathing every day! My habits (to be clea as much as I can) are the reason that I am not as much "metal" as all the other people how never clean their vests and never take a bath!

MasterDeath's picture

I don't care about being called a "metalhead". Just when I look the path that I am crossing I'll be one of the Nifelheim brothers.
But I prefer shaved head after this.

PForx's picture

I'm not a fucking metalhead mate. I like metal, but that don't make me a metalhead.

DevilzForce's picture

I'm not your mate friend :P

PForx's picture

I'm not your friend, buddy

DevilzForce's picture

I'm not your buddy guy LOL

PForx's picture

I'm not your guy, friend, hahaha

This mate called me a "mate" :P ahahahhaha
Sorry for calling you a metalhead

cambotero's picture

cover it with more patches.

Bayernpirat's picture

great video man! thanks for sharing

gizter's picture

Thanks man, I will give it a try! (you're the first that posted a serious answer)..
You put soap in the bath, or just water?

gizter's picture

probably some kinda soap yeah, same kinda stuff like handwashing kinda stuff i think. i do think just water itself will work with soaking out a lot of the dirt.
never done it myself, but every time i see pics of people washing their vest or crust pants it is this way.

Nice man, when I give it a try I will let you know, thanks :) \m/

BlackMetalHailey's picture

I spot clean mine usually, or I wash it by hand, I just use shampoo because I figured it would be more gentle. For little spots I just take a toothbrush (one just for this purpose), put some soap on it, scrub then I rinse the soap off, make sure you really get the soap out because if you don't that'll leave a spot too. Sometimes I just wash the sleeves all together, but I really avoid trying to get the patches wet, but if they get dirty I just do the same just more carefully. I prefer my vest to be clean because I tend to wear them around a lot, so I think smelling/having a dirty vest wouldn't be a very good thing to do. I've never really had a problem with smell before, so maybe letting it air out some would help? I dunno.

My vest doesn't smell, I wear it everyday for 2 months now (it's a new one)... Only the smell of my cigarettes stays on it! But I wan't it clean! I want to avoid any smell and stain! Your tips are very helpfull (the one with the toothbrush especially) so I will clean it this way first!
I am afraid because I have some handpainted patches on it but the guy that created the told me that they are tested in extreme conditions! So I believe that I won't have a big problem.... thanks a lot \m/ :)

Freyjawulf's picture

There's already several topics about how to wash kuttes... the general consensus is don't, or just hang it out in the air/rain for a bit. Diluted vinegar + bicarb of soda work alright too for spot cleaning.

I want it clean, I don't really know why people want it dirty if they have a chance to clean it.... I don't like vinegar, its smell makes me sick hehehehe but why not? thank you too :)

Freyjawulf's picture

If you dilute it with water and use a spray bottle the smell is less strong, leave it out in the fresh air for a couple of hours and the smell goes away. It's basically like febreeze, but totally natural and no horrible chemicals.

Yes I know what you mean, I will try it in another jean and if it works I will use this tip on my kutte

Hell_Patrol's picture

kala ta eipes, alla mi skas, θενξ gia to sxolio dike mou :)

Hell_Patrol's picture

Hell_Patrol's picture

Necrowhore Impaler's picture

Use wodka. Apply it with an aerosol can and your Kutte will be sanitised and the smell will vanish. My GF works in a theater and they use this method, too ;)
And you can have a drink at the same time...

hahahaha it sounds weird but it seems like a veeeery good idea ;)

Nater90's picture

Hahahaha jungle of pubes, Day = Made right now!

I just let mine air out after I wear it out or go to a gig, And just use deodorant as I would with any of my clothes.

Hey man, I use deodorant twice a day, I don't have problem with my boby's smell, I am bathing everyday, but my problem is the sweat stains in the collars, the dirt generally and I want it to smell nice, and now like smoke from cigarettes, sweat etc... thank you too :)

Nater90's picture

I recommend Napalm.

Metalmate's picture

Long story short:
Mine is over 20 years old and it did need a wash...

-Put in in an old pillow case.
-Tie it with a rubber band.
-Place it in the washer and wash on a low temperature program.
-Toss the pillow case (kiss it goodbye and take a pic for TSS)
-Hang your vest to dry outside.

The pillow case also protects your washer from studs.

Happy washing friends!

This one seems the best way to clean my vest!
Thanks for sharing it with us!
\m/

Metalmate's picture

No sweat. If the pillow case is large enough (which it should be) you can also tie it in a knot. Or use rope, some rubberbands aren't strong enough. If it's reeeeeeeaaaallly dirty you may need a second run.

Cheeers!

That's what I've been thinking... maybe the best way to wash your vest!
I'm about to follow your tips for sure the next days!
Thanks a lot bro!!!!

Metalmate's picture

How did it go?

I will wash it in some days the way you told me... It is still in a very good condition! :)

MasterDeath's picture

Combine several different alcohols and pour them down your throat, rub some soap on your vest (if you want) then run into the mosh pit!

KamikazeKris's picture

Set it on fire. Everyone knows that heat kills bacteria.

Nater90's picture

I like this.

DeathDealer's picture

Take a shower with it (cold shower), Printed patches can be a problem there and rusting pins and studs

THE UNHOLY's picture

You know what I did all these years? I have been sitting all night long taking off my patches, then put a vest into washing machine. And then sewed all patches back.

NO WAY! This is a torture! Except the fact that your patches may be destroyed from the sewing.... I hope that you sew them with an embroidery machine and not by hand! hahaha

THE UNHOLY's picture

I also have no problems with rusting pins and studs, they look even better that way imo

I have problem with the studs and the pins because I don't like rust.. I prefer them to shine!

THE UNHOLY's picture

Toothpaste is a great solution for reviving all kind of metal things, it's not a problem at all)

Anjemm's picture

If the main problem is smell, putting it in a plastic bag and then freezing it for about a day kills most of the bacteria that cause odors. Or if it's winter drape it out on the porch for a while.

jeg86's picture

i use to wear my jacket all the time everywhere i went and i never even considered washing it.such a terrrible idea.

Morbid_Welshman's picture

I clean mine with car upholstery cleaner; Kills any bad smells and cleans the patches without danger of ruining them (Be careful which one you use, though, obviously don't use any with some kind of dye in them) and a little aftershave. I'm not a fan of the "Stink is good" either, hahah!

576,765 items in the gallery, 883,567 comments, and 653 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments