TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Bands that make you proud of where you are from

CxMxD
Tue, 17/03/2015 - 20:25

What are some killer bands that started off in your local scene? ( I know technically All bands start out in a local scene, just disregard that) what bands make you proud of being from where you are from? For me its STRIKER :)

meaningless's picture

good that im not from sweden..or it would be a endless list..hahaha ;)
but directly @Local-Scene..
Disharmonic Orchestra & Disastrous Murmur
Both bands still live in the neighbourhood
:)

Der Todesking's picture

What about Pungent Stench? Arent they from Vienna too?

meaningless's picture

if we spread out the question for the whole Country - then i would have to add Pungent Stench and Belphegor as well :)
But Pungent Stench are from Vienna, Belphegor from Salzburg.
Directly from Kärnten (Carinthia)..there are only Disharmonic and Disastrous :)

kissman's picture

Dantesco & Doomlord.... Epic Doom Metal from Puerto Rico! \m/

Necro Rican's picture

+1 Conozco en persona el vocalista de Dantesco y también Doomlord mete duro.

Lyx's picture

Atlantean Kodex Haha

Joel's picture

Exodus (BBB era), Seven Churches era Possessed, Griffin (Flight of the Griffin), Hexx (Under the Spell era), Testament, early Autopsy, etc. All are from the Bay Area!

CxMxD's picture

ooooo this guy knows! Thats awesome. you got vio-lence, forbidden and im pretty sure metal church too! lucky bastard.

Joel's picture

Vio-lence and Forbidden are good too. There's also Death Angel. Metal Church have been based out of Washington State for a long time but they did start up in the city.

ProtoChaud's picture

Nile. They're actually from Greenville, but there's nobody from Columbia, so I'm claiming them.

CxMxD's picture

LOL! fuck yea

judascrust's picture

I'm from New Hampshire, USA.... one very cool thing for me is that Terry Savastano (founder & guitarist for sludge pioneers GRIEF and guitarist in crust legends DISRUPT) lives 5 minutes down the road from me, shops in the grocery store I work in; really nice guy & a humble & dedicated musician. Grief drummer Rick Johnson also lives in my town as well, he's very cool as well! Really honored to have gotten to know them a bit & go to shows w/ them.

MARTYRVORE - obscure black/death metal band from New Hampshire; total gruesome, rotten, old school, goat-worshipping filth... most New England black metal are from Boston or Providence, so I'm especially proud to know theres a band like this from my home state. Terry's also playing guitar in this band now.

COLD NORTHERN VENGEANCE - pagan black metal from New Hampshire, their drummer is also in Martyrvore; another quality band I'm proud to say is from my home state

GG Allin was from NH but i was in 3rd grade when he died; not sure if he's a guy to really be "proud" of anyway haha

CxMxD's picture

dude thats cool as fuck haha. GG!!!

NocturnalOccultist's picture

Sacrifice, Infernal Majesty, Cauldron, Rush, Slaughter, and Anvil! There are plenty of underground metal bands to name of around T.O.

CxMxD's picture

Hell yeah You and Joel lucked out. 2 of my favorite scenes, Toronto and bay area. cheers brothers

AbysmalWind's picture

Bands that make you proud of where you are from!

I'm from Spain...

Oh well.....

we have some good football players anyway lol

Mary Gore's picture

Haha

Demolition_hell_hammer's picture

Hahahaha

PForx's picture

Dunno what part of Spain you're from, but these guys are pretty great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK3QiDGpkmg

AbysmalWind's picture

Do know these guys, seems to be one of our most famous bands nowadays , not so keen on them though :(

Der Todesking's picture

Are you into Death Metal? Graveyard are a great spanish OSDM band.

AbysmalWind's picture

Yeah, great band, their first album is a blast

SAATANANVITTU's picture

From my Finnish side: funnily, Finland being a 'metal country' and all, I can't seem to think of any bands that come from exactly my hoods. A lot of good new Finnish bands though!

From my Dutch side (no, I'm not Dutch at all but I've lived here for around 1,5 years now): Paramite, Vergif, Speedica.
edit: forgot Dood!

BeefCakeAssThrash's picture

why thank you haha <3

J.j. Ratte's picture

Zo gaan die dingen, leuk!

PForx's picture

Darkthrone, most of the current Norwegian death/thrash/speed metal scene.

viohead's picture

Yeah, the Norwegian thrash/death scene rules! Inculter, Condor, Nekromantheon, Obliteration and Deathhammer!

PForx's picture

Fuck yeah! Also check Reptilian, Mabuse, Cockroach Agenda, Mion's Hill, Töxik Death, Infant Death and Audiopain.

bad_american1992's picture

Bonded by Blood and Warbringer are from my hood. 805 represent

Overactive Imagination's picture

Oh wow man are you from Newbury Park? I live in Camarillo haha

I'm in Cam too hahaha I live by the military housing

Overactive Imagination's picture

Wow what a small world haha I live out at csuci

DeathByMetalAustralia's picture

Corpse Molestation, Abramelin, Necrotomy, Miscreation, Darklord, Beyond Mortal Dreams, Oni, Mortal Sin,

Enough Said!!

SexDrinksMetal's picture

Cant forget Sadistik Exekution !

SexDrinksMetal's picture

Ringworm and Nunslaughter ! representing Ohio since the early 90's !

judascrust's picture

fuckin-a for nunslaughter man haha great band!

grime81's picture

hell yes and Midnight from Cleveland!

Nater90's picture

Damn....Tough one because where I live I'm not from...From my home state, Psycroptic & Lightless (one person project!), From where I currently live now, Hybrid Nightmares, Witchgrinder, Mortification, Terraphobia, Deströyer 666 (Back in the day....Fuckers moved to NL!!!), Ne Obliviscaris, Hadal Maw, King Parrot just to name a few....But in all honesty...I don't listen to much Australian music, I prefer a lot more stuff from overseas haha.

ThomasMustaine's picture

Look up Sewercide mate, they are pretty fucking good Death/Thrash band!

Nater90's picture

Shall do mate.

Daniel Sodomaniac's picture

Sorcery and Rocka Rollas are from my hometown, great stuff :) !

Morbideath's picture

im from China. there are three i wanna recommend and am really proud of:
Zuriaake (black metal)
Dinkumoil (heavy metal)
Punisher (technical thrash metal)

Liberator's picture

Been a fan of Zuriaake since Afterimage of Autumn came out. Great band!!

Demens Latro's picture

Putrefactor ( Death Metal ) from my hometown. from my home state, many bands from the Black Legions ( Moevot, Mutiilation, Belketre, Vlad Tepes ) and many bands of Death/Thrash like Loudblast,Mercyless, No Return, Massacra...

DethronedEmperor23's picture

Condition Critical are from philly, so are Castle Freak, and Coffin Dust. Oh and Krieg.

kertalaaki's picture

Hmm I guess Hooded Menace is something to be proud of.. and Vacant Coffin too.

metalman6767's picture

I would have to say for me it would be Battlecross. They started out playing shows in Westland, Michigan before they got signed to metal blade. I saw them countless times at clubs all over the place as well. Although I do no longer live in westland since it has been on the decline for many years, I am still proud to say me and Battlecross came from the same place!

Venommaniac's picture

Near my Home!Accept,Violent Force,Living Death!I know some Members of the Bands in Person.

kertalaaki's picture

That's pretty damn awesome!

Venommaniac's picture

Yes......indeed.

NIGHTRIDER's picture

Orphaned Land
Know all the members in person.

Yoschi29's picture

Ha! I saw them last night with blind guardian and I really liked them. :) Got an autograph from the singer of orphaned land. I really like specially his style.

Speed_Metal_Drunk's picture

I'm from Kenosha, Wisconsin. The two bands I'm very proud of are Jungle Rot and Lazarus A.D. There may not be a lot of bands from my city but they sure are great ones!

Liberator's picture

I am originally from Sri Lanka, so for me that would be Konflict/Genocide Shrines/Serpents Athirst/Funeral in Heaven & Shokaagni. Highly recommend these bands to anybody!

satanachist's picture

lets say that Croatia is my whole area, scene (not really big country), and this is from the time of Yugoslavia, 80s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsd_mcbD_qA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIdiA_RgTaw
really great stuff, but lyrics are mostly Croatian so not everyone will understand that

vomitoxic's picture

Bands from Finland list would be bigger but I try to stay local/in my hometown.
Cut To Fit, Fleshpress, Clandestine Blaze, Evil Angel, Sacrilegious Impalement, Exordium, Inferia and Korpiklaani.
Deathspell Omega goes also here since their singer lives here.

lambofgodfan00's picture

Visigoth, Eagle Twin, Merlin's Beard, Huldra and INVDRS just off the top of my head right now. All from Utah.

EDIT: Would like to add SubRosa, All Systems Fail (Anarcho-Punk), Hi-Fi Murder (old school Hardcore Punk). More to come later again...

Hyperfa's picture

Necromantia and Varathron

Turkey-man's picture

Nokturnal Mortum.

FreezingMoon's picture

I`m from Serbia. The Stone, Kozeljnik, Satifer, Zloslut, Infest, Kuga, Triumfall, May Result, Vehementer, Space Eater, Terrorhammer, Propast, Bloodbath, Heller, and many more!! :)

Croby's picture

scena vam je nevjerojatna, kapa dolje! Jos cu spomenut Deadly Mosh, meni osobni najjaci srpski band

Morbid_Welshman's picture

The UK as a whole....well, that goes without saying! Wales, however....not an awful lot from here :( Only notable ones I can think of are Budgie, Skindred, Bullet for My Valentine...

judascrust's picture

I wouldn't be too proud of bullet for my valentine haha

Morbid_Welshman's picture

I'm not, just an example of a band local to me, hahah :L

gizter's picture

not much in my local scene. only notable band is Rectal Smegma, but i dont listen to them at all.
i do enjoy ZDA, local punk band. saw them again last weekend.
not really any other bands out here. maibe some cover bands. used to have a colleage that played in a metal band, but they havn't played in years now. only wrote like 3 songs.

chris1234618's picture

Skagos!

gizter's picture

lucky.

Stathis's picture

From my hometown:
Varathron and
Spider Kickers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFoM6sKu-QE a local death-thrash band formed in 86.

For Greece in general i guess the whole death/black metal scene from the mid 80s to early 90s

Oldschool's picture

Gorefest > Gingerpig :)

J.j. Ratte's picture

Haha als je Job Bos van Satyricon o.a. bedoelt, dat is een goede vriend van me waar ik mijn eerste bandje mee heb gevormd 12 jaar geleden :P

Thrashattack's picture

Thin Lizzy and Primordial.

Wolverina's picture

Dark Zodiak (death/thrash). They're from my home town in the Black Forest (more like 'home village', with about 2000 inhabitants). The vocalist is my sister-in-law and the drummer is her husband. Sometimes, I watch their kids.
Check them out!

Pommesgabel666's picture

Born in Hannover, so Scorpions are my shadow! Now i am living for many years in Kassel, and i am proud, that i am in frinedship with members of Toxin and Rykers!

ProtectorOfMegadeth's picture

All I have is Alabama Thunderpussy....and I don't even like them that much.

DraconianStark666's picture

Slough Feg and Crypt Sermon.

Nocturnospoko's picture

SORTILEGE, MUTILATED, MASSACRA, NECROWRETCH, ADX, VULCAIN, RITUALIZATION...

Demolition_hell_hammer's picture

I was born in Perú, so bands that makes me proud would be: Mortem, Anal Vomit, Cobra

Tankard Emptyer's picture

I appreciate the fact that Hellish Crossfire, Delirium Tremens and Deathronation are local bands.

gloriousdeath's picture

Maurice of Gnaw Their Tongues, Cloak of Altering, Aderlating etc. lived in the same block as me .... recommended to anyone into really disturbing stuff.....

Fozzy616's picture

My Local Heroes. From practiceroom neighborhood right to Wacken Open Air and Summer Breeze: Nailed to Obscurity.
And of course WEAK ASIDE.
Eastfrisia Germany!

Barney's picture

Talking about my city, Zaragoza (Spain), one of the best efforts that has come out from here is the 80's Heavy Metal band "Pedro Botero" (Which means "Satan"), you can hear one of their best songs here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzX3W4gbPZE

Another one is the Death metal act Maelstrom from the 90's. They only released two demo tapes but the second one was really a great one, here is one of their tunes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoSDCdrI1y8

Forgot to add Suicidal Tendencies... Cyco Mike lives down the street from my friend's house!

Black Market Surgery's picture

Are you from Venice Beach? The Shrine is from there. Well there and Long Beach. Rad fucking guys.

Formshifter's picture

not a fan of toronto metal bands, but i do love cancer bats. used to be obsessed with protest the hero (from whitby) back in high school but they kinda suck now. there were some other hardcore and metalcore bands i liked from the area but do we have any death thrash or doom?

Slaughter - Death/Thrash
Chainbreaker - Black/Thrash
Goat Horn - Doom
Wood of Ypres - Black/Doom

Formshifter's picture

davids dead and they were from windsor. torontos also got fatality and razorwire, some sweet rethrash

yeah Fatality! Theres plenty of thrash, death, doom around T.O. aside from heavy/speed.

Toxicality's picture

Obituary, Death, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Massacre, Cynic, Nasty Savage, and Nocturnus. All hailing from Florida, my home!

Jimmh's picture

Not too much going on locally in metal scene. At least Convulse comes near by.

holy poison's picture

Germany has way too many good bands... but one of the best are definitely Katharsis and Har-Shatan. But as I'm living in Belgium I would say Possession are Belgium's finest at the moment. And as I'm working in the Netherlands: Pentacle is da shit!

Queen Catsie's picture

I'm from Staten Island, NY. Torturous Inception and members of WASP and Twisted Sister have come from here. However, our underground bands (particularly Sicada and Demopolis) really make me proud of Staten.

oldmate's picture

Blood Duster - Melbourne

STR8 OUTTA NORTHCOTE!!!

oldmate's picture

What an album!!! good to see some americans know blood duster :)

ManOboy's picture

napalm raid - halifax

Beer's picture

Mortal Sin

HardNHeavyLeather's picture
eduslayer's picture

Teitanblood

gynecrologist's picture

Anal Blast (Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota) And their singer/metal promoter Don Decker (RIP) who brought shit loads of death and black and grindl bands here that otherwise never would have.

perkele's picture

Well I can only talk countrywise

Hellhammer
Celtic Frost
Tryptikon
Poltergeist
Calhoun Conquer
Bölzer
Schammasch
old Krokus
Sin Starlett
Sickening Gore

Der Todesking's picture

Dont forget Coroner!

ercoke pasa de todo's picture

Baron rojo, Obus, Muro, Panzer, Mazo, Santa, Angeles del infierno, Banzai, Soziedad alcoholica . Y la lista continua....... esto es para AbysmalWind que le den por culo al futbol. (sin ofender).

AbysmalWind's picture

Acabo de leer esto Alvarete. Lo del fútbol y lo otro eran coñas ambas, aunque un rato de buen peloteo no está mal. Añadiré alguna más ahora.

AbysmalWind's picture

Por cierto, por qué hablas en spanish?

BlackMetalPete's picture

Autopsy. Just found out I went to the same high school as Chris Reifert. Death Angel too I guess. Knew those guys when they were in high school.

Master Bate's picture

Skyforger

Living Dead Hedgehog's picture

I live near Paris and there's many band who are really nice,
First of all: Henker - awesome brutal Death Metal band with a drummer who use a 4-pedal for his drum kit
As They Burn - a Deathcore band which will split soon :/
Rise of The NorthStar - Metal Hardcore with popular Japanese culture influence who are in the Nuclear Blast rooster!
The Bridal Procession - modern Black-Death (Deathcore before) now the band isn't anymore
And in the other parts of France, there's Uneven Structure - awesome Prog band, famous in the Prog scene but underrated in France
Alea Jacta Est - great Hardcore band from Toulouse
Benighted - Modern Brutal Death butchers, greatest DM band in France for me
Regarde Les Hommes Tomber - Black-Sludge really original
The Great Old Ones - Ambient Black with Lovecraft influence, breath taking stuff

Heinz's picture

Obituary! Florida represent \m/

oldmate's picture

one of the best bands ever!

Evilution E5150's picture

Harlott, Espionage, Envemomed, Party Vibez, Decimatus, Alkira, Psycroptic, Segression, In Malice’s Wake, Hidden Intent, Desecrator, Maniaxe and tons more

oldmate's picture

I really like In Malice’s Wake and Desecrator, both are good bands!

madbutcherchef's picture

Voivod, Dead Brain Cells, Kataklysm, Cryptopsy, Gorguts, Despised Icon, Beneath the Massacre...and tons of punk/thrash/death/grind/etc...so many bands, way to much going on to list here, and loads of fans...Quebec's music/metal scene is amazing

meave90's picture

Slayer!!! Sadistic Intent, Dark Angel... Tom Araya graduated from our high school haha

JoeCool6972's picture

Corrosion Of Conformity (C.O.C.) is from Raleigh, NC.

I lived in Raleigh for a while. Valiant Thorr is from there too.

Push Pit Enforcer's picture

Torn the Fuck Apart, Kansas city MO!!

Mr.Something's picture

Saintbreaker, they're a bunch of young guys that could use a little polish recording wise, but they're excellent.

RopetAvSjelen's picture

Definitely Mgła!

anusburger official's picture

https://gatecreeper.bandcamp.com/album/take-over-and-destroy-gatecreeper...
https://saintbreaker.bandcamp.com/releases
two really good bands that are coming out of Arizona right now. Sacred Reich also came out of here too

slb1995's picture

Well, there is this relatively new band from my city called Encyrcle about whom Fenriz recently wrote in Band of the Week...

There is also Nortt from here.

Kilmister's picture

Acid & Crossfire (Even if they don't play anymore), Ostrogoth and Evil Invaders of course !

RogJarl's picture

From my close area come Agressor and Gorgon, and Godkiller is a little further away. These are the most well-known around here I think.

SexDrinksMetal's picture

Ringworm & Hemdale. Both Ohio legends. Midnight and Nunslaughter as well.

Pommesgabel666's picture

Hannover: Scorpions, Abstürzende Brieftauben (Punk), Kassel: Toxin, Ryker's

Raging Steeler's picture

Düsseldorf: Deathrow, Warrant, Assassin, Warlock. It is also the birthplace of the almighty Uli Jon Roth.

Oggnest's picture

Bathory, Dissection, Shining, Silencer, Watain and so on.

Yes, im from Sweden haha!

Oggnest's picture

Also, Mörk Gryning!

Oggnest's picture

And from my town, Non Serviam!

Necro Rican's picture

From my country Puerto Rico some of the biggest bands right now is Zafakon, they sound like Kreator and Sepultura.

Necro Rican's picture

^^^

DisgustingSemla's picture

From my town, Demigod

Croby's picture

Demigod is fucking ace, I absolutely love death metal from your country, cheers!

Croby's picture

Croatia: Descender, Decomposing Entity, Krematorium, Bronza, War Atrocities, Armatus, Evil Blood, Narednik Lobanja i Vod Smrti, Arisse, Vortex...

Necro Rican's picture

Other bands from Puerto Rico are:

-Dantesco
-Alas Negras (Good Heavy with some progressive)
-Organic (Formerly called Organic Infest, old school Death Metal)
-Calamity (Thrash, they sound a mix between old school Metallica and Havok)
-Godless (Black Metal)
-Cardinal Sin (Puerto Rico's first metal band)

VoodooChild's picture

srsly again, what's up with all these zombies

Necro Rican's picture

Greetings, i having some problems posting here. My comments doesn't appear when I'm logged out so just in case i posted the same post again.

VoodooChild's picture

not talking about that mate XD

Necro Rican's picture

Finally fixed my problem so sorry for bothering ya.

VoodooChild's picture

You weren't bothering me man, I didn't comment on the fact you had problems with your comments hahah, that stuff happens, no worries. Like I said, was talking about a whole different thing XD

Metalmate's picture
JackDeRipper168's picture

Why should a band which accidentally comes from nearby make me proud? I don't get it.

THMManiac's picture

Whats so confusing?

What bands from your local scene makes you want to represent it? Unless you have no local scene which you wish to support or be proud of. theres always that. To simplify, whats your favourite band from your local scene?

Blüdrayne's picture

Why should you be proud for someone else's successes that you had zero contribution to?

Megatron1777's picture

I know the scene was before my time but I live in central Florida right inbetween Tampa and Orlando. So I love all the history of death metal being here! But as far as current bands go, there's one in particular I really love, Druid Lord!

AbysmalWind's picture

Ok let's see... Despite I'm well aware my country will never be regarded as a promised land for metal bands, we have an astounding death metal act called Ataraxy, I'm pretty sure all death maniacs from tss have at least heard of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrADm_caokg

THMManiac's picture

this post is way too old

joecubbie's picture

Trouble and Macabre

nameless_rites's picture

Infester

Chainbreaker's picture

I think the whole of Belgium is small enough to be considered "local scene";-) So in this case: Ostrogoth, Crossfire, Killer, Ancient Rites, Enthroned, Magic Kingdom and Oceans Of Sadness.

Pages

576,221 items in the gallery, 883,304 comments, and 618 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments