TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Bands that are top priorities on your personal "to see live" list.

Joel
Thu, 30/04/2015 - 18:28

I decided to go in a different direction after my outburst of cross eyed rage against Christianity yesterday. Which bands do you want to see sooner rather than later?

Liberator's picture

Nyogthaeblisz/Svartidaudi/One Tail, One Head off the top of my head. Of these, fortunately and surprisingly I am going to be seeing NYOG in about a week.

Joel's picture

I like Svartidaudi. They're really good from what I've heard.

Joel's picture

I'm gonna have to check out OTOH one of these days.

headbangingmadness's picture

My top priority band is probably Manilla Road. I'd kill to hear flaming metal systems live.

Joel's picture

I'm not a big fan of 'em, but I respect their legendary status.

joecubbie's picture

+1!

ProtectorOfMegadeth's picture

Megadeth, Unleashed, and Cannibal Corpse

Joel's picture

If Unleashed ever came to the Bay Area, I'd probably go see them.

joecubbie's picture

Cannibal Corpse is brutal live. Corpsegrinder may very well be the greatest death metal frontman ever (frontman, not singer).

Joel's picture

I don't like CC. I think as far as George Fisher goes, Monstrosity's Imperial Doom is the best.

joecubbie's picture

CC is ok in doses. Definitely not my fave death metal group. However, they're absolutely killer live.

I prefer Chris Barnes over Corpsegrinder when it comes to CC, but I love Imperial Doom and Vile.

Sickening Gore's picture

Unleashed was a lil disappointing when I saw them.. no old stuff.
For me my decade dreams of seeing Sodom is coming true in a few weeks, but other than that I still MUST see Benediction, Nocturnal Breed, and I would kill to see Asphyx again, they fucking blow you away

Joel's picture

I'd love to see Absu and Sodom live.

Yoschi29's picture

Totally agree you! I love Sodom so much but they are live sometimes amazing and sometimes not soooo good compared to e.g. Kreator. Nevertheless I'm excited to see them this year again. :)

Sickening Gore's picture

living in Germany and seeing Sodom must be something you do every other Tuesday haha,but I see what you mean there are bands here that come every other month it seems and they get old quick. Im excited finally getting to see them though! Kreator and Tankard were both incredible when I saw them

joecubbie's picture

Faith No More, King Diamond, and Motorhead

Joel's picture

I might buy a ticket to the Mayhem festival just to see the King live.

joecubbie's picture

It'd be worth it.

Blüdrayne's picture

Sodom, Motorhead, AC/DC.
They're not my favourites, but these guys are getting old as hell. I might miss my chance.

Joel's picture

Yeah, especially Motorhead.

oldmate's picture

S.O.D.

but like that will ever happen again :(

Kathulex's picture

I would like to see Tryptikon, Saxon, Atheist, Bolt Thrower and Macabre.

Sadly, the bands I would like to see live the most split up and even if they were active they would still be in "local underground show" category. Those being Graf Spee, Dub Buk, Hate Forest, Sextrash, Sadistik Exekution and many others.

Taikon's picture

Would've loved to have attended any gigs from the Impaled Nazarene / Sadistik Exekution / Absu '95 tour..

Hate Forest live must've been out of this world.

Joel's picture

I'd love to see Bolt Thrower the next time they come to the Bay Area and I'll be seeing Saxon live in San Jose on the 29th of this month. I'm glad Saxon are coming back to this part of the world.

Cipher Drone's picture

Oh wow, my 'must see' list is huge:
Agent Steel
Atlantean Kodex
Razor
Metal Church
Paradox
Riot
Sadus
Skullfist
W.A.S.P
Wardruna
Sacrifice (Canadian one)
OK, it's apparently not that big. it turns out I've seen more acts live than I thought I had....

Joel's picture

I'm glad Riot are coming to San Francisco next month.

Lyx's picture

Sleep

Antonio's picture

Queensryche's Todd La Torre fronted version.

joecubbie's picture

Best move Queensryche ever made. Saw them last summer and going to see them this fall opening for Scorpions.

Antonio's picture

Wow, Scorps & Queens on the same bill, I bet it will be a great gig; I'm going to see Queensryche next summer in Pistoia/Tuscany/Italy on 19 of July ( supporting Dream Theatre ), can't wait to see them live, can't wait to listen to their new album, I really love first album with La Torre, it seemed back on their roots.....Just my opinion, but their last works with Tate were a little bit disappointing....

joecubbie's picture

The last QR record was their best since Empire. As I said, giving Tate the pink slip was the best move they made. As for Scorpions, I've been wanting to see them since I was 10 when they did their "farewell tour" haha.

Antonio's picture

LOL, about " Farewell Tour " let me tell you that the first gig I attended from a world tour named in this way was in 1992 ( "No More Tears" era ), it was an Ozzy's gig in Milan/Italy and that world tour was named in Europe leg....." The Retirement Tour " ( probably named " No More Tours " in Usa )....who knows??!!?

slb1995's picture

Hmm, probably Black Sabbath, The Cure, Swans, Rush, and Bolt Thrower.
Candlemass as well but I will most likely see them this summer.

Joel's picture

I want to see Sabbath live before they retire outright.

joecubbie's picture

I'm not gonna lie, when I saw Sabbath, I had low expectations for Ozzy, but he blew me away. Ozzy sounds better now than he did 25 years ago. Plus, Tony and Geezer are still killing it as well.

Joel's picture

Well, that sounds extremely encouraging!

joecubbie's picture

Absolutely! Hell, even if Ozzy did sound like shit, I'd still go because it's Black Sabbath and to see all them on stage just once is historic. Plus, who knows how much longer they'll be around considering Tony's health.

joecubbie's picture

Rush is a must see. One of the greatest live acts ever.

nuclearthrasher666's picture

I NEED to see Bolt Thrower live once . Classic bands like Slayer, Exodus,Sodom,Testement,Carcass, Venom etc are always a top priority. It would be fucking awesome if I could see acts like Dark Angel, Sadus,Nuclear Assault, Autopsy, Immolatio. The list of underground bands that I want to see live is endless: Vektor, Nekromanteion, Power trip, Diocletian, Ravencult, Vassafor, Bolzer, Grave Miasma, Antimob...

Joel's picture

Exodus and Testament were outstanding at the Regency up in San Francisco a month ago and I hope Bolzer, Autopsy and Immolation deliver at California Death Fest in October. Grave Miasma is pretty good but I'd love to see Cruciamentum live if possible.

nuclearthrasher666's picture

I was lucky enough to see Cruciamentum and Grave Miasma live (alongside with Dead Congregation and Pslam). Cruciamentum were really fucking great live. but Grave miasma are one of the best live acts I have ever seen. Bolzer, Autopsy and Immolation in the same live ??? That is fucking great !

Joel's picture

Hell yeah man. I can't wait for CDF. I don't know if you like Disma at all, but they're gonna be there too. That ought to be great. From what I know, Cruciamentum and Grave Miasma share a member or two. I'd love to bang my head to songs like Deathless Ascension and Through Gates of Morpheus Realms in a live setting.

whiteravenmetal's picture

Hell, Pentagram and Angel Witch.

Joel's picture

You read my mind! Angel Witch is another band on my list.

DraconianStark666's picture

Hell and Carach Angren absolutely

Demolition_hell_hammer's picture

Venom, King Diamond, Black Sabbath, Destruction and Bolt Thrower (But Venom and Destruction I would see them this summer :D)

Joel's picture

Destruction...there's another band I hope to see live.

DethronedEmperor23's picture

Venom

Bolt Thrower

Rotten Sound (again)

Cryptopsy (in about two weeks, fucking stoked)

Demilich (in about 3 weeks!)

Wolfbrigade

Rotten Sound (again)

MOD

Gorilla Biscuits

Lil Ugly Mane

Fredo Santana

Joel's picture

Are Bolt Thrower and Demilich touring throughout the U. S. right now?

DethronedEmperor23's picture

Demilich are playing MDF.

Joel's picture

Oh, well isn't that just fantastic for you kid! If they were playing at California Death Fest in October, then I would seriously lose my shit.

Nater90's picture

Bolt Thrower
My Dying Bride
Paradise Lost
Emperor
Cradle of Filth
Slayer
John 5
Blind Guardian (Seeing them in June so pumped)
Kiss (Seeing in October, My amazing girlfriend got us tickets for my birthday)

the beast's picture

Blue Öyster Cult
Pagan Altar
Autopsy

vikingdantheman's picture

Darkthrone ;)

Joel's picture

Good luck with that one!

Nater90's picture

Would be cool if they toured doing meet and greet sort of stuff and giving talks on how they've done it differently.

Joel's picture

What do you mean by "done it differently"? Are you talking about Fenriz and NC's approach to Metal?

Nater90's picture

Yeah, How they've made albums because they enjoy it and don't tour for it. They've been offered quite a lot of money to put on shows / do tours and they simply decline, I'd like to know why because I'm in the same boat, I want to make albums but not tour, I just want to do it for the enjoyment of making music and expressing my thoughts and feelings. I've always looked up to smaller bands / soloists producing epic as fuck stuff compared to 4-5 piece bands.

Joel's picture

I think Darkthrone have modeled themselves after the kind of artist Quorthon was. Extremely influential and well known, but a bit on the introverted side. High profile and low profile at the same time.

Nater90's picture

No doubt Quorthorn was a major influence on them, I idolize him myself, But sadly being dead I cannot ask him, So many amazing artists around I'd love to chat with.

I only liked Soulside Journey from DT

Joel's picture

Some really good songs on that album.

Nater90's picture

Great album.

avder sede lush's picture

Susperia!

DrGebimmel's picture

Anthrax, Megadeth, Dying Fetus (next month!), Stratovarius and Hypocrisy.

Oh, and Protector

Nuclear Bear's picture

Brocas Helm and King Diamond above all

Toxicality's picture

Megadeth, Black Sabbath, King Diamond, Midnight, Sleep, Electric Wizard, Venom, DRI, Anthrax, Skull Fist, Enforcer, Cauldron, Stallion, Judas Priest, Metal Church, Rush, Nuclear Assault, Saint Vitus, Saxon, Toxik, and Exciter.

Maybe they'll do a Peace Sells 30th anniversary

gizter's picture

my priority is Ramlord. they should be comming to europe this summer. cant wait.

judascrust's picture

they are from my home state, I've seen them once, never heard of them before but they were very good, haven't picked anything up from them yet though. they're playing a few towns away from me this summer with Psycho, hopefully will be able to make it out & see them again and buy something this time!!

gizter's picture

Lucky. i kinda annoys me you got to see them without even knowing them.. but thats probably not much diffrence from that i've seen Bolt Thrower, Metal Church, Candlemass and some others that people listed here just purely because i got the chance. i mean love BT's first album, but thats it.

i got all Ramlord's releases since 2013. only miss the first 3, but they are only on tape, and i hate tape.. the demo has been on my mp3 player since pretty much it's release though.

Hárbarðr's picture

Venom, Moonsorrow and Atlantean Kodex, definitely.

stevenICB's picture

Fear Factory for sure. I've missed their last 3 tours in my country because of personal reasons, but I was really bummed about their Demanufacture anniversary tour

Lyx's picture

Heavy Load...ha
Im allowed to have dreams, right?

Joel's picture

Yeah, sure you are. Heavy Load...man there's an ancient cult name from way back!

578,923 items in the gallery, 884,231 comments, and 670 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments