TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

TSS is supported by ‐ monitor website changes with changedetection.io
Forums > EBay or other finds

Are these bootlegs?

Mangosentinel
Thu, 24/04/2014 - 08:06

I've been looking for a big Judas Priest logo patch and this guy has one supposedly, but it's 30 bucks plus shipping. That's cool, but if it's some fake, I'm not paying that in the least. Has anyone seen this patch before? http://www.ebay.com/itm/191121853942?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=...

R.J.'s picture

My general rule is that if an item doesn't blatantly say the word "official", I don't trust it. "Vintage" could mean anything. Judas Priest have been popular for decades, and bootlegs aren't a recent phenomenon, so this could even be an old unofficial item. Just use common sense and do some research (look at the seller's other items, google search for similar patches, etc.). I would guess this is a bootleg based on the fact that I can't find any evidence that points to this being official. Embroidered patches are also easier to produce than woven patches, so much easier to bootleg.

Mangosentinel's picture

I was coming to the same conclusion. I searched everywhere and could not find it. And now I've got a whole new patch site to look at! Thanks a million!

Ysidro's picture

This is FOR SURE a bootleg and also FORE SURE not a vintage item.

judascrust's picture

listing has it as "brand new old stock" so its probably been sitting in some stockroom for years, it does look a little dusty in the pic...you could always message the seller and see what they know about it. but still $30 + shipping is an awful lot, I'd keep looking!