TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > EBay or other finds

Anyone else having bad experiences with Hell's Headbangers?

BlackMetalHailey
Wed, 27/05/2015 - 01:21

Everything I've gotten from them has been really low quality, I've received a patch from there that was printed, and it was very low quality, then I received a shirt that started coming apart the first day I got it. But most recently I ordered a hoodie from them, the printing was very weird, it looks like they took a black and white image, and printed that onto a black hoodie and you can see the black ink, overall it makes it look almost dirty in a way, the way clear dried glue looks on stuff, but on the description they suggest washing them item, so I did that, I don't think it really did much for it, other than make the front logo begin to chip off. Overall, this is very disappointing, I feel like I just overpaid for a very cheap hoodie. I emailed them about this and hopefully I will receive some helpful feedback from them, but I doubt I will order from them again. Wondering if anyone else has had experiences like this? I looked at the shop reviews but didn't see one posted for them. I think they are more so focused on mass producing stuff instead of actually, consider I only got this hoodie today and I've had these experiences. I've seen better quality from indepent people on Etsy who do printing as a hobby than what these guys do.

judascrust's picture

I've ordered from them a few times, always thought their products/service was great.... I never ordered a hoodie but I always kinda liked the way their shirts were printed, the prints are as soft as the shirt....I ordered a nunslaugter long sleeve once though and the sleeve print started washing out after 1st wash...I liked it though, I love when shirts are all faded and worn looking so I didn't mind haha....also ordered a few pins from them and they were bigger than the 1" pins I was expecting.... never ordered any patches from them, those printed patches never looked very appealing to me anyway though, I always preferred woven or embroidered or punk style screen print on black cloth

ThrashMetal1983's picture

I always buy from HHB, never had a problem with them or their products.

Greaserjlg's picture

I've always had great experiences with HHR, but I haven't ordered a shirt or hoodie from them, just records, tapes and a flag or two.

R.J.'s picture

Their prints have been hit or miss with me, so you're not alone. I avoid buying any merch that has been printed by them, because whoever they use doesn't seem to always have the best quality.

BlackMetalHailey's picture

Yeah, I mean the satanic warmaster shirt I got from them wasn't a bad print, but the shirt itself started coming undone. The hoodie on the other hand was pretty bad, patch included.

DeathStrike Kömmander's picture

Yes, not the best quality for those prices, I've ordered a speed metal swirl t shirt and it was badly overlapped , you could see the white under the red color, I even wrote a review on their site about the shitty quality of this, and obviously wasn't published, fuck'em, I won't buy there anymore.

whiteravenmetal's picture

It sucks to know that, I was planning to make a big order from them (even if some shirts are from Shadow Kingsom Recs.).

Panthorder's picture

Great shop and quality t shirts!

Blüdrayne's picture

Quite a lot of the stuff sold on HHR isn't made by them. They also distribute stuff from smaller labels. Look at Polywater, for example.

Lyx's picture

I orderd 2 records like 4 months ago.
Still havent recieved anything, also emailed them about the situation. No response.
Not sure what to think now..

mad_submarine's picture

Don't worry. It always takes them at least 2 months for my orders, once it took them 3 months. Very very slow to ship items..

Claudandus's picture

They take forever to deliver their stuff. But other than tjhat I haven't had much trouble with them. I would give a review of a Nunslaughter ls I bought, but I lost it the first day wearing it so I don't know how it holds up. ^^

gizter's picture

hahaha, impressive. how did you do that?

Claudandus's picture

Had a bit too much to drink. As always when I loose stuff.

2hobos1box's picture

Haven't had any bad experiences with them so far ordered about 8 shirts from them all still in great shape several months and even a year or two later :) never bothered with their patches though, never was a huge fan of printed patches.

DeathRipper's picture

I order from HHR a lot, and my experiences have been mostly positive. Their shirt prints are often hit or miss and most of the shirts I got from them are holding up pretty well.

Cannibal Lecter's picture

Order a lot from them always had good dealings. I ordered my Bathory hoodie from there and its the best hoodie I've owned, haven't gotten any printed patches yet just woven.

Okay, little bit of an update, they've agreed to send me a new hoodie, so that improves their image to me, not sure if I'll order from them again though, just because it seems a bit spotty with the quality.

Sure!

nwobhmbanger's picture

Which rival label paid you to post the thread?

All kidding aside, your situation has never been my experience, and I've been a customer for over five years.

Yeah, reason I asked is because all my experiences have been bad so I was wondering if my experience was similar to others or was I just not having much luck.

And they paid me extra not to say. ;)

Vomitus's picture

I've ordered a lot of stuff from them and i've not had a problem.

HardNHeavyLeather's picture

I ordered an Acid "maniac" patch from them! It looked very nice in the photo, but when it came in my hands, I was like "what the hell?"...
Very bad quality of printed patch.. I sew it on my vest and under the patch I put a piece of fabric so the patch from "break" because the quality of the patche's fabric is like a rolling paper... The colors of the patch are starting to fade away (2 months wearing it on my vest), who knows that will happen when I wash my vest!!!

Toxicality's picture

Pretty much the first site I go to for my Heavy Metal needs, I love them! I own at least 6 shirts from them and they all were great quality and never came apart, after a while they begin to fade a little but I like my shirts that way. I also hang dry all my clothes, so that could be the reason why they don't fade too much. All the shirts I've ordered from them have been high quality prints, I've only ordered 1 vinyl record from them and it came in some of the best packaging I've ever received!

Morbid_Welshman's picture

I've bought from them in person (At Festivals) but never online. No problems as of yet

Godlybeing's picture

Like some people said above, i agree that their products take a long time to be shipped (almost three weeks for 4 patches sent in a letter !) Also some of their printed patches are crappy, very shiny so that you can't properly see the picture due to the brightness
At least the woven nunslaughter patch they sent was great, but again ...
Not so good so, I can't tell about their shirts, I never ordered one of them

Stormblast's picture

All the shit I ordered from HHR was fine, fast delivery....only the walk to the custom office each time fucks me up. And like Blüdrayne said before: "They also distribute stuff from smaller labels"..so I guess you can't blame HHR for everything.

jeric1993's picture

Just ordered from them. Ill post again when I get my parcel.

mad_submarine's picture

Every time I order from them the shipping takes forever. Once it took almost 3 months. I had completely forgotten that I ordered when the item arrived.

Kilmister's picture

Already ordered some shirts. Except the fact that their products takes long to be shipped, i've never had problems.

mecha's picture

Must say that most the shirts they printed are of lesser quality, I have a number of them and don't like the soft prints on the shirts

MasterDeath's picture

I ordered some spaghetti shirts for my gf from HHR about a year ago. Behexen, Satanic Warmaster, Inquisition and one more that I can't remember right now. All of these look great but Behexen one had white markings on the sides, probably from glue? I don't know. But after one washing it got away and the shirt looks great as it supposed to. One year has passed from then and the shirts still look great. I never ordered anything for me from there. I just got a free CD with the shipment and I'm happy with it.

MasterDeath's picture

4th one was a shirt from Portal. I remembered because she is wearing it right now.

Der Todesking's picture

Your gf has awesome taste, eh? Portal - killer!!

Vectrex's picture

I'am not even sure they make the stuff themself. I think they go to third parties and buy what they can get and then sell it over their website. Not sure if true, but i would imagine thats how it works.

Der Todesking's picture

Thats what I thought too. Ofc the licensed a few prints to print themselves, but I do think they distribute a lotta stuff. Not sure though!
Never got a shirt, patch or anything from em, once ordered some stuff like records, CDs, fanzines... But I did hear (read) here on TSS more than one time that someone complained about their shirts. Will be careful, & only order there if I cant find it anywhere else...

Into Glory Ride's picture

It's a well known "secret" that HHB sells alot of Bootleg Sshirts. He usually writes "Original" under the Shirt, if that is not the case.

Der Todesking's picture

Not known to me... is it like that? Damn that sucks!!

I actually do not see a problem if he clearly marks these Shirts as Bootlegs. At least he is transparent about what he does.
Apart from that HHB is highly reliable anyway, never had any problems with them and they have a very good standing in the Underground since years.

Der Todesking's picture

Ahh sorry, I mistook that! Thought he claims em as original but theyre actually boots! I dont have problem with boots myself. I even got shirts from Nuclear Blast that were f.ex. missing the backprint! Like with my Shining (swe) one. I thought its the official one, & then it has not the usual bp!!? Well, however, haha!!

I see. :)

sprewell's picture

Pound for pound HHR is the best distro in States....

Goathammer's picture

Been using them for 10+ years at this point. Only had a delay with my order one time, and I found out that was due to customs.

satan's radish's picture

Merch-wise, I think I've only ever bought the 1.25" badges they offer. They seem to be holding up well. Haven't yet faded like some buttons will do. Generally, I think the quality of the item depends on the original source. I am sure they get a lot of merch as distro items.

HeavyTony's picture

Ordered 6 shirts from them recently, they fit well and are of decent quality. Decent distro!

Ice Grave's picture

Just received two records from them two days earlier then expected so they're great in my book

StefanosAnthony's picture

Their prints are a shame. Start coming apart very quickly. Everything is very expensive also. It's too bad because they have a great selection, just terrible quality.

SpineSplitter666's picture

I love HHR, and I always get my stuff within 3 days of purchase. I can say nothing bad about them.

577,147 items in the gallery, 883,690 comments, and 655 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments