TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

AC/DC Retireing?!

joecubbie
Tue, 15/04/2014 - 14:43

As we know, Brian Johnson announced that a new AC/DC record is in the works and they will be doing 40 shows worldwide for their 40th anniversary. But is this true?

If AC/DC was to do such a huge tour this year, I think they would've announced months in advanced and April is a little "too late".

On top of that, there are reports that AC/DC will be announcing their retirement as early as this afternoon!!! What?!?! Yeah that's what I said. It seems that Malcolm is sick and unable to tour or record (or so it's being said).

If this is true and AC/DC does announce their retirement this afternoon, what are your thoughts?

meaningless's picture

oh..like i comment to Nisse666: all pages i found with this 'Split'-rumours are this classical 'Yellow press'-pages..
the few metalpages, who announced this 'rumours' are just pick up the exactly same phrases of this 'Yellow press'-pages.
Until AC/DC make a official Statement about their Split - its just a rumour and not more. If u ask me.

Antonio's picture

Well, I read about this " Yellow press-pages ", about a Malcom Young's clot brain or something like that, about the new recording sessions, but I'm optimistic, the band will make another record; it's right, a band statement is necessary.

BlueDemon's picture

Yeah I'm gonna wait and see. Hopefully they'll make new album and stay together.

Bayernpirat's picture

damn

PForx's picture

The band has now made a statement: http://www.acdc.com/us/news/message-acdc
Malcolm will be taking a break from the band, but they will continue making music.

joecubbie's picture

I think "break" is code for "retirement" on Malcolm's behalf, they just don't wanna say it. It's already been confirmed that he suffered a stroke a few weeks ago and really, it's a miracle he's still alive. A stroke can kill someone instantly. If not, the damage is usually for life unless you're Steven Adler and somehow you miraculously recover and return to everyday life again. If Steven can do it (even though he's younger than Malcolm), I have hope Malcolm can. AC/DC would never have to tour again. Just to know Malcolm is back to himself would be great news.

PForx's picture

Well, no bands will last forever, no matter how sad that truth is. Not even AC/DC.

oldmate's picture

Gwar might

joecubbie's picture

I'm sorry but GWAR without Oderus is like Queen without Freddie: it's pointless

oldmate's picture

In an australian Radio interview with Oderus around the time they release this toilet earth, he talked about the band without him and he said he would love to see gwar going strong without any of the founding members

the band would be different without doubt, but you never know it might work. Look at AC/DC

nwobhmbanger's picture

I really hope they retire. I'm sick and tired of having to put up with hearing their repetitive garbage on most "metal" jukeboxes and at gigs (when bands are setting up). AC/DC only wrote one song in their entire career, and it wasn't a very good song to begin with. I fail to see how some people consider this band "metal", too.

Sorry, but I just never liked this band. They're one of the big ones that make it seem like they're "entitled" to be adored, like Pantera.

578,656 items in the gallery, 884,161 comments, and 671 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments